Senior Manager/Manager, Settlement, Custody Operations, Securities & Fiduciary Services Operations
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
- 11 Jun 18 2018-06-11
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia. DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South
DBS. Living, Breathing Asia.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for eight consecutive years from 2009 to 2016.
- Assist the Custody Services Team Manager to supervise and guide the subordinates to ensure smooth running of the section
- Check to execute stock settlement instructions efficiently and accurately
- Check to process physical scrip deposit and withdrawal applications so as to provide efficient services to our customers
- Handle day-to-day operations. Perform checking on work done (such as static data maintenance, customer position update, pricing information update, etc), reconciliation of General Ledger accounts, preparation of transaction and miscellaneous reports, etc
- Follow up with brokers and custodians to clear up any unmatched/ unsettled instructions
- Provide second level client services. Handle customer inquiries and resolve / escalate problems in an efficient manner
- Comply with regulatory requirements (such as HKMA, MAS, SFC etc.) and Audit / Risk Management guidelines pertaining to the operations
- Report any suspicious / outstanding transaction or incident to Team Manager, Department Head and other relevant parties for necessary action per the Incident Management Policy
- Participate in user acceptance test for system enhancements. Review business requirements and functional specifications. Prepare test cases and conduct testing
- Participate in project initiatives and business development, e.g. customer implementation, business continuity management, review of operational procedures, policies and guidelines; specific and job related training, etc
- Handle regular and ad hoc tasks as designed by Team Manager and Department Head
- Advance Level / University Graduate or above
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in Hong Kong securities settlement (CCASS) with 1 year experience of people management
- Sound experience of banking and securities operations and practices
- Be familiar with the market trend and new product / system development of Hong Kong and foreign securities market
- Good interpersonal, problem-solving skills and negotiation techniques
- Good team player, supportive and flexible to take up departmental tasks
- Good knowledge in MS office
- Good communication skills and command in English and Chinese/Putonghua (both spoken & written)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.