Senior Manager, Asia Retirement Strategy
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Senior Manager, Asia Retirement Strategy
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Asia Retirement team provides strategic and operations oversight to Manulife's retirement businesses across Asia. The team is responsible for conducting market analysis, tracking/influencing regulatory reform, formulating market entry strategies and all aspects related to the operations of pension businesses in the region. Team members have access to a unique vantage point to participate and shape some of the most important strategic choices related to the development of Manulife's Retirement business in Asia.
The Senior Manager, Asia Retirement will work in partnership with members of the Asia Retirement team to achieve the objectives of the team.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Support the establishment of China Retirement Joint-Venture
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of China's pension markets, competitors, industry trends, products and distribution methods, with a focus on high priority market segments.
- Conduct research via multiple data sources and using a variety of tools to synthesize and package information on China pension regulations, competitive activities and industry trends that will shape China's pension system.
- Support the development and on-going refresh of China Retirement strategy documents and management briefings
- Assist with the development of highly illustrative/detailed documents/presentations in both English and Chinese.
- Liaise with MSL and MTEDA on retirement-related initiatives and supporting ad-hoc pension and business development initiatives in the China
2. Asia Retirement Strategy and Business Development
- Support regional and country-level retirement strategy formation and corresponding management briefings
- Support the execution of retirement-related strategic initiatives, as required
- Build and maintain a comprehensive repository of regional pension Pitchbook and financial projection models
- Provide regional retirement competitive insights and synthesize strategic priorities, growth initiatives and macro trends for Quarterly Pensions Newsletter
- The individual will need to work with ambiguous, fluid and changing responsibilities, and be able to readily adapt to the dynamics of the group managing multiple ongoing initiatives simultaneously.
- The role is complex, requiring the ability to think broadly on a strategic basis, dialogue with subject matter experts across and outside the organization but also focus on critical details, provide superior analysis and reasoning, and crisply communicate issues and solutions in a focused manner.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills, with an ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong drive and initiative, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese
- Some travel is required
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.