Senior Manager, Cloud Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 13 Dec 18
Senior Manager, Cloud Engineer
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Cloud Engineer focuses on operating, maintaining and upgrading Manulife cloud infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) environment. Individual will be exposed to many aspects of cloud-specific infrastructure and systems, and will have the opportunity to lead and drive transformational project initiatives in a leading technology domain.
- Performs cloud platform and operating system level administration and operations. Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Support the implementation of solution to ensure a secured and compliance environment.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes.
- Oversees, recommends and implements solutions and enhancements, to ensure an improvement in system reliability and performance, and to automate administration and operation tasks.
- Oversees and applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current. Oversees the maintenance of system-supporting process and procedure documentation.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- Performs Vendor management to resolve technical and operational issues.
- Experience with cloud platforms (IaaS, PaaS)
- Operating system administration and related services (Windows Server, Linux)
- Infrastructure-as-code and cloud automation (APIs, Ruby)
- DevOps development and platform support (Docker, Container Services)
- Experience with programming / scripting (Batch, VB, PowerShell)
- Networking experience and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, DHCP)
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.