Senior Manager, Finance (Business Finance)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Lead a small team (i) to evaluate business cases for allocating capital resources in alignment with the company's strategies; (ii) to conduct post implementation review on the benefits realization of various business initiatives; (iii) to evaluate various digitalization requests for prioritization purposes and (iv) to oversee the SoX review within the organization.
- Lead the team to evaluate business cases and make recommendation to management for allocating the company's capital resources in alignment with business strategies and to conduct post implementation review on the benefits realization of these business initiatives. This covers a broad spectrum of business initiatives across products, distribution, operations, customers, etc.
- Direct the team to conduct various data analysis, if needed, to support a data driven evaluation of business cases to make informed recommendations. Plan, assign and coach the team resources to ensure tasks are delivered on a quality and timely manner; and compliant with relevant governance framework.
- Partner with the regional SoX team and external auditors to coordiante the SoX review processes within the organization to ensure the review processes are conducted on a timely manner with no surprises.
- Partner with IT to evaluate various digitalization projects and recommend priority ranking for these initiatives in alignment with business strategies.
- Provide project-based support across function within Finance in delivering business strategies. This covers a broad spectrum of business initiatives across products, distribution, operations, customers, regulatory changes, etc.
- University degree holder.
- Knowledge in the financial metrics of life insurance business is preferable.
- At least 8 years relevant experience, of which at least 5 years at supervisory level.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluent at stakeholder management at all levels and tactful in resolving conflicts Effective communication skills with ability to adjust the tone, form and words in different situations.
- Capable of articulating own views/ stand points and influencing others in a tactical manner.
- Excellent written and spoken English