Senior Manager, Finance (Reporting & IFRS)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
Lead the team as business partners to manage the company's expenses across all departments, to ensure Prudential's business objectives are delivered with robust budget planning, allocation and on-going monitoring. This highly exposed role works closely with the Head of Finance and CFO to analyze in detail the company's spend on business initiatives and recommend management actions, to evaluate the impact on financial metrics and to ensure an effective and transparent budget planning process that aligns with strategic and financial targets.
- Provide insights and recommendations to senior management team to manage the Company's expenses exposure, through understanding of underlying expenses drivers by performing robust analytics.
- Supervise and support the team on monthly expense reporting process, to ensure expenses are properly recognized and presented compliant with IFRS and internal policies or guidelines.
- Oversee expense budgeting and approval process by leading the team to prepare expense budgets & forecast, advising and collaborating with other departments to ensure expenses are budgeted at appropriate level to maximize the benefit for the Company.
- Establish improvement plans on expense management process and lead the team for implementation.
- Provide support to IFRS 17 accounting standard implementation; and new project initiatives as and when required.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline.
- Qualified accountant / actuary with solid knowledge in the financial metrics of life insurance business.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with minimum 6 years at managerial level.
- Solid knowledge in the financial metrics of life insurance business.
- Strong business acumen with excellent analytical skill and ability to make sound and consistent business judgements and decisions.
- Good stakeholder management at all levels and tactful in resolving conflicts.
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in adapting to changing priorities and to multiple business functions.
- Willingness to challenge status quo.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Cantonese, and proficiency in business writing and presentation.