Senior Manager, Group Operational Risk
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 08 Dec 17 2017-12-08
New role with a leading regional insurer. Some travel required
Due to continued growth in the region this reputable insurer is seeking a seasoned operational risk candidate to support the regional AVP, Group Operational Risk in the development of policies; control procedures and capabilities to ensure the effective identification, assessment and mitigation of operational risks including fraud.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- Provide advice and support to AVP, Group Operational Risk to drive the operational risk management strategy and to ensure the effective management of operational risk
- Provide training to Country ORM functions to enhance local capabilities in Operational Risk
- Provide assistance to Country ORM functions where necessary
- Provide Operational Risk capabilities to Group Office
- Ensure quality operational risk management reporting
- Assist in ensuring quality incident escalation process and sufficient follow-up on serious incidents where required.
- Conduct ad-hoc reviews where required.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE -
- 8+ total years of experience
- Including 5+ years operational risk related experience working for insurance/finance industry in Asia.
- Prior regional experience in fraud on top of operational risk experience is preferred
- Degree in Risk Management related discipline from recognised university
- Good understanding of the operating risks for multinational corporations in Asia, preferably in insurance industry with experience in managing fraud risks
- Direct experience of managing in multi-cultural environments
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Conversational level local language skills a plus
- Willingness to travel (at least 30%)