Senior Manager, Information Risk and Control
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Senior Manager, Information Risk and Control
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This role will focus on all IT SOX activities in Asia Division to liaise with global IT SOX team and Asia country representatives to implement and complete all global IT SOX project initiatives and audit liaise activities and is responsible for all aspects that are monitor to ensure all audit remediation have been complete and provide analysis to avoid repeating issue in all company business processes. He / She will interface with multiple stakeholders within the global information risk management team as well as the business, compliance, legal and ORM partners.
The Manager will be the focal point of all IT SOX and audit related activities in Asia Division:
- Oversee and coordinate IT audits conducted by Audit Services (including Emerging, Project and Key Risk Audits), regulators, clients and third party auditors. Ensure evidence is collected and shared in a timely fashion and all outstanding issues are closed on schedule as promised
- Coordination of the SOX Program for Asia: 1)Complete and holistic tracking of the implementation of the SOX control framework to each in-scope country; 2)Timely escalation of any issues or deviations, with clear and precise management recommendations to rectify; 3)Continuous communication between country, regional and global stakeholders
- Collaborate with other IRM teams and work alongside key stakeholders from our internal compliance, risk and audit functions
- Track compliance to in-force standards and policies, monitor risk exceptions and acceptances, report, follow and confirm compliance, etc
- Establish an understanding of operational and control requirements, , coordinating the regional and country improvement delivery teams and tracking and reporting back to senior executives
- Provide specialized expertise and guidance on risk and control assessment, identifying control gaps in the IT operational processes
- Degree holder with relevant experience preferably in financial institution or large organization
- Knowledgeable in IT SOX activities
- Strong coordination skills on regional projects, for Asia which consists of Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and Indonesia
- Able to work collaboratively with global IT SOX team, Asia business SOX team, external audit firm, Internal Audit and all in-scope business units in both regional (IRM, IT and ETS) and country level
- Ability to follow up with IT audit actions and to participate in the pre-audit preparation exercise
- Ability to conduct the Control Self Assessment exercise in Asia and drive to improve our risk & control portfolio pro-actively
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.