Senior Manager Insurance Propositions - Commercial Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 27 Sep 17 2017-09-27
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Manager Insurance Propositions.
In this role, you will
- Support Commercial Banking General Insurance development planning, including rolling operating plan, and ensure the output is aligned with overall Commercial Banking Insurance and Investment strategy
- Work closely with product partners to ensure the interests of HSBC Commercial Banking are addressed. Support overall development of distribution relationship by effectively representing HSBC Commercial Banking
- Develop General Insurance propositions and supporting materials including training, processes, sales tools, incentive schemes etc
- Proactively leverage Commercial Banking data analytics capability to support business growth
- Specify HSBC Commercial Banking's General Insurance product requirements to product partners and work closely with providers to minimize time to market and ensure effective launches
- Maintain a solid grasp on prevailing and future General Insurance related legislation and regulations and translate understanding into effective business plans and practices
- Ensure the Hong Kong Commercial Banking General Insurance product set is effectively controlled and governed
- Develop and use General Insurance management information to grow distribution income and ensure quality business
- Determine and execute Commercial Banking marketing plans for General Insurance business.
- Champion General Insurance within Hong Kong Commercial Banking from a product and proposition perspective
- Work with product partners to streamline quote, underwriting, customer service, claims and renewal processes to ensure these are effective and efficient as possible.
- Identify General Insurance related distribution systems developments and feed into the development planning process
- Ensure best practice and working experience is effectively shared and leveraged. Dovetail General Insurance developments with life and investment developments where appropriate
- Provides support to Head of Propositions Insurance and Investment with respects to General Insurance development
- Ensure General Insurance distribution development remains compliant and sales and service arrangements align with HSBC values
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University Graduate
- Extensive years of working experience in Business Development or Proposition Development within General Insurance settings
- Practical bancassurance experience is essential
- Strong managerial, communications, analytical, organisational and decision making skills.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills which will allow them to liaise with senior staff
- Proactive, questioning working style in order to identify and investigate opportunities and issues
- Fluent in English and Cantonese preferred
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009TGE
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited