Senior Manager, Investment Analyst
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Senior Manager, Investment Analyst
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Role Summary: This role supports the day-to-day administration of the General account investments in Hong Kong. The incumbent prepares investment reports and presentations, performs market research and investment strategy review to support investment decision making, performance evaluation, and implementation of new investment initiatives. The incumbent will be exposed to a broad aspect of investment management of a US$20 billion dollar, multi-asset portfolio. As an inquisitive self-starter with a penchant for attention to details, the incumbent leverages a strong quantitative background to quickly acquire knowledge and experience in investment management to advance his/her career. Responsibilities:
- Support the preparation of investment reports for Investment Committee, ALCO and Board meeting.
- Streamline and enhancement of investment reporting to facilitate better performance tracking and adherence to regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Conduct annual due diligence for the outsourcing arrangement. Prepare the relevant notification documents to the insurance authority.
- Work closely with legal, tax, and accounting in maintaining and updating the investment management agreements to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with insurance regulations, such as performing annual review of GL 13, GL 14 gap analysis.
- Ensure compliance of the internal guidelines, regular monitoring of the portfolio performance against internal investment policy.
- Support the industry and competitor intelligence analysis; monitor the development of market trends.
- Assist in the analysis of investment impact of HK RBC II and IFRS 17. Provide relevant inputs to the RBC II QIS. Provide technical support and data analysis in formulating change in investment strategies in optimizing investment returns.
- Monitor and advice ILAS product asset rebalance decisions.
- Provide research support, data analysis to assist in implementation of investment strategies.
- Work closely with regional investment team, actuarial, finance, ALM and risk area on new investment initiatives.
- Support the regular review of investment strategy and asset mix.
- Provide support and investment inputs on the product development and pricing process.
- Support continued development of tools and reports in managing investment performance, monitoring market trends, in support of investment decision making.
- Keep awareness of market events, regulatory update, and accounting changes.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as required.
- University degree with 5 or more years of relevant working experience in the finance or insurance industry.
- Good understanding of the insurance markets and financial markets.
- Strong technical skills, experience working Microsoft Office, VBA, and programming preferred.
- Ability to interact across various business units.
- Good quantitative and analytical skills.
- Attention to details and ability to manage multiple tasks.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.