Senior Manager, Service and Command Centre
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
In representing Hong Kong Technology & Innovation to Group IT in the Retail / and or CCIB service domains,
the post shall be seen both as a customer and as a close working partner
. Responsibilities include:
- Problem/Incident Management: For incidents having significant business impact, the post should support Head of Service and Command Centre to ensure timely stakeholder communication of service impact, recovery process and progress, root cause, and mitigating actions, and communication back to Group T&I the business concerns. The post will work closely with Group T&I Customer Experience Response Team and Collective Intelligence and Control team (CnC) to leverage their capability in timely monitor and detect exceptions or events. The post should ensure Group T&I teams are attending to incidents with the required urgency and with adequate support level, and to support Head of Service and Command Centre in collaborating with Group T&I teams whenever necessary. The post should also ensure timely and quality problem management in determining the underlying root cause and ensure there are effective preventive measures.
- Service Improvements: Be on top of all Group T&I service improvement initiatives for the country, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate;
- Risk: Through the Technology Risk and Control team in HK T&I, ensuring that Group T&I teams respond to all forms of end-to-end Banking Product technology risk needs related to technology services, including all audit, local regulatory, compliance, DR, BCP technology component, obsolescence, virus susceptibility and security needs. Highlight and escalate material technology risks to Technology Risk team in Country T&I Management team for attention as appropriate.
- Change Management : Support Head of Service and Command Centre to ensure that the Technology change management team in Group T&I are adhering to the Group Technology Change Management Process, to review and ensure readiness of system changes that could impact Hong Kong, ensure proper engagement with local business and functions stakeholders for upcoming changes on any business arrangements, and also validating with Group T&I that all inter-dependencies in the system changes are well reviewed and addressed.
- Projects: For projects with system deliverables:
- Work with T&I Digital and Innovation Teams and Group T&I Project Teams to ensure the production readiness of the service before the launch. This includes the support of change review.
- Ensure respective Group T&I Production Support Service teams are fully engaged in the project rollout, and for projects involving key services for Hong Kong, demand the necessary system monitoring / customer journey dashboard and exception detection mechanism to be established for fast detection and resumption of incidents.
- Strategy: Support Head of Service and Command Centre in the communication of country business strategy and direction and regulatory requirements to Group T&I Production Support Service and Infrastructure teams so they have visibility of major business plan and campaign, and can perform the necessary system capacity and support plan to meet the business needs.
- Roadmaps: Support Head of Service and Command Centre to influence Group T&I Production Support Service teams to have proper support roadmap to meet the country-specific development, ensure proper capacity and housekeeping management are in place.
- Satisfaction: Gauging business satisfaction with overall Group T&I service stability on a regular basis. Feedback to be channelled into Group T&I for improvement planning. Also ensuring business awareness of Group T&I plans on service stability accordingly.
In representing Group T&I to respective Business domains,
the post shall be seen as a Technology ambassador to business on service stability assurance
. Responsibilities as such will be largely the reciprocal of the above and include:
Our Ideal Candidate Excellent communication and influencing skills:
- Ambassador: Supporting Head of Service and Command Centre in full Group T&I service representation, noting that each Group T&I domain bears full accountability for provision of respective Group T&I services to the business.
- Problem/Incident Management: For incidents having significant business impact, the post should support Head of Service and Command Centre to ensure timely stakeholder communication of service impact, recovery process and progress, root cause, and mitigating actions, leveraging on the detail level communications made by respective CERT and CnC teams. The post should support Head of Service and Command Centre to communicate regularly to country stakeholders the improvement initiatives driven by Group T&I with respect to service stability.
- Communications: The post should support Head of Service and Command Centre to arrange to make timely and relevant update on background and impact of any high profile incidents and provide regular update on the progress of the incident resumption to country stakeholders. This includes close communication with domain teams in HK T&I, to enable latest update provided in forums such as Business Risk Forum (BRF).
- Risk: Ensure that country's exposure to each form of technology service stability, robustness and obsolescence is understood and managed, and shared.
- Governance: Provide Banking Product technology governance and participate and lead forums to address service, risk, and quality, and communicate initiatives and improvements;
Service management skills and techniques:
- Resilient personality to deal with pressure
- Capable of engaging key stakeholders and building alliances through active conversations including peer or more senior stakeholders who have no direct reporting relationships
- Team players, welcomes different opinions and treats every complaint as an opportunity for improvement
- Assertive with logical reasoning
Technical literacy and knowledge - not necessarily a technical expert but should possess:
- Change oriented with continuous drive for quality
- Flexible, innovative and self-motivated
- Sensitivity to service impact - Prior experience in supporting key services, especially related to business domains such as Retail Banking or Corporate Banking
- Broad technology skills to articulate both legacy and modern technology stacks
- Relevant application and infrastructure skills - at least 10-15 years of managing and delivering IS solutions
- Knowledge of market information systems and services
- Technology used in relevant business area
People and change management:
- Banking products, regulatory and compliance.
- Understanding of current business issues, challenges, priorities and targets
- Solid experience of directly managing teams of managerial and operational staff, will consider the role of Manager if there is less experience in this area
- Knowledge of problem and incident management tools and processes
- Demonstrable understanding of resource management, and the ability to create and implement a management framework for a solutions programme , will consider the role of Manager if there is less experience in this area
- Possesses an approachable style, with a proven ability to manage and motivate staff
- Demonstrable understanding and experience in solution provision, skills identification and development team leadership
- Evidence of successful management of change programmes involving outsourcing, transitions and major service change
- Experience in vendor management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.