Senior Manager, Social Media
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Senior Manager, Social Media
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Social Media Coordinator for Asia is a new role representing the Manulife global brand team in Asia, supporting local teams in launching and growing global digital & social media initiatives in the region.
This role is part of our Digital Center of Excellence (COE), a global initiative to support accelerated adoption of proven digital marketing best practices by placing strategic resources "on the ground" in local offices around the world.
The Social Media Coordinator - Asia, will be located in our Singapore office and provide local teams with support in understanding the needs of their digital audiences, then help planning / sourcing content to meet these needs (eg. social selling, thought leaders, employee advocacy, mobile apps, communities, emails and branded social channels for each country).
This role will also provide enhanced digital performance measurement and insight for local teams by leveraging our new enterprise-level Digital Scorecard program.
Scorecard and Insights
- Work with regional digital analytics team to determine, specify and report on monthly digital scorecards based on standardized global templates and collaborate with analysts to deliver actionable insights for local stakeholders
- Measure Increased local engagement on branded content (# of Interactions, Earned Media Value)
- Encourage and measure adoption of scorecards in local market (# of Channel teams, programs)
- Actionable insights - Work with local stakeholders and global scorecard team to analyze results and generate suggestion to improve ROI
- Understand local digital audience content needs - Collaborate with local stakeholders to generate actionable insights for local markets (e.g search and social conversation trends, performance data, audience survey & feedback)
- Be the subject matter expert for social, including latest trends and insights, new platforms and techniques to leverage the power of Social for Manulife's customers
- Participate on global community calls for Branded Content & Scorecards Deliverables and KPI's:
- Determine Local stakeholder satisfaction in your service (delivering value everyday)
Social platforms for Selling and Service
- As part of wider team, determine the role of social media to effectively service our customers across priority channels in Asia.
- Identify best practice social service initiatives, both internally at Manulife, and external best practice
- Help establish regional processes and operational policies designed to set a blueprint for how the company services the needs of our customer base for service requests
- Social selling - work to understand the environment in which Manulife markets its products (largely through an agency network), determine how social can aid these omni channel efforts, and look to leverage global resources in delivering new social service selling in selected Asia markets
Social Management and Compliance
- Monitoring and crisis escalation - work with regional corporate PR and comms to team to identify and operationalize social media monitoring and reporting on key trends, including the ability to identify and alert around crisis situations appearing on social
- Regional compliance - with in market social reps, and working with the regional legal, compliance, risk and other key stakeholders, continue to establish guidance and compliance with Manulife's global social media strategy
Content development for Social
As part of broader team working to develop content for our audiences -
- Collaborate to enable local and regional leaders to understand their business objectives and key audiences
- Understand segment profiles, behaviors and needs to ensure that messaging resonates with the target audience and is appropriate for the specific medium or channel
- Work to establish sources of content - internal and external
- Recommend method of regional distribution (through branded channels, social selling program, and other channels as deemed appropriate)
- Stay current with content marketing trends and make recommendations for new, innovative content strategies to increase member engagement
- Work with Legal, Compliance and Translation teams to finalize content
- Identify local Manulife thought leaders and find opportunities to showcase their content
- Managing local content in global content library (to ensure sharing by community)
- Consumer / B2B research and analysis (doing research, reviewing results, using Google trends, Social Listening platforms to identify improvement opportunities)
- Currently maintain an active presence in online space across a variety of social media platforms (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn//YouTube/Pinterest/Whatsapp/Wechat, Weibo, QQ,
- Solid understanding of Asia regional trends and local audience insights
- Some understanding of personal finance or FinServ industry would be preferred
- Understanding of content reporting/analytics (engagement, consumption...)
- Experience with social program for large company brand / organization
- Demonstrated high level of collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Energetic self-starter, with bias for action and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Project Management skills - Good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialog with others on work and results; is a clear communicator
- Experience with brand based marketing (ideally Brand Management or agency)
- Consumer communication planning and execution
- Using consumer research and insights in business planning
- Experience managing performance of agencies
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Communications/English, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism and/or relevant work experience
- Experience with relevant technology & reporting tools (eg. Adobe Analytics, Hearsay, Sprinklr, Facebook Insights, Offerpop)
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.