Senior Manager, Solution Architect
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 21 Jan 19
Senior Manager, Solution Architect
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Asia Delivery Services team has the mandate to ensure we deliver business and IT initiatives that deliver on Manulife's Regional Distribution strategic vision. We work across the different countries within the Asia region, partnering with local countries to deliver processes and solutions that deliver value for our distributors and customers.
The Asia Delivery Services Team will be involved in projects across channel and business or technology based initiatives and accordingly will involve extensive stakeholder management and collaboration across all functional and business units. As part of this team, a Technical Architect quickly understands the root of business challenges and changes, and uses combinations of tools and concepts to create solution proposals. Highly adaptive to a changing technology landscape, they work with the Solution Architect and Business Architect to take the high level solution architecture and develop lower level detailed designs that can be used as inputs for development teams. They will also be responsible for ensuring the implementation occurs as per the detailed design which will mean working with vendors and or Manulife centers of excellence. This role will be working with teams from both internal and external areas and will look at regional solutions within Asia.
- Design application architecture for solutions using business requirements, corporate reference architecture and solution architecture as inputs
- Work with CoE development teams and provide input and guidance, to ensure the application design is correctly implemented
- Create PoCs to validate concepts or technologies to meet a business need
- Be proficient with the Insurance business model and products, as they apply to solutions in the web and mobile space
- Collaborate with regional and country teams for Innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Insurance knowledge and experience
- Development and application architecture experience
- Have a wider view of the technology trends in the industry, particularly in the web, mobile and services space
- Be proactive and have an agile mindset
- Self-starter and passionate with strong can-do attitude
- Able to adapt to a fast-paced, changing priorities and technology environment
- Able to balance multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.