Senior Manager Technology Finance Asia - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Manager Technology Finance Asia.
In this role, you will
- Management and delivery of the monthly close and relevant management packs. This will require providing relevant analysis and commentary from the regional functional teams as well as working with the Group Technology Finance teams to connect regional to global dynamics.
- Providing data analysis and insight relating to Technology for internal and external reporting to the Regional and Global Executive Committees.
- Undertaking all ad hoc investigations and analysis of Technology costs including cost allocation reviews and driving consistency in allocations across the function.
- Accurate and timely reporting on Cost and Investment Board approved investments as it impacts Hong Kong and Asia Pacific.
- Manage the Operating Expense Target setting, Annual Operating Plan and Forecast process as it impacts the Region.
- Work closely with the Global Technology Finance team to provide input to periodic reviews.
- Key support for Global Liquidity and Capital Management product offering to Retail Business Banking client segment. This is a new global business partner for Global Liquidity and Capital Management requiring collaborate relationship building, guidance to Global Liquidity and Capital Management sites and development of planning and reporting.
- Acting as Finance Manager for the Regional Technology Head and working with functional senior management to ensure appropriate reporting and planning of costs. Meet regularly with functional cost owners to review financials and support the business with any relevant commentary.
- Engage with Global Finance teams to enable ONE Finance ethos towards advising the Technology business on a broad array of financial management matters.
- Ensures compliance with Group policies.
- Understand and support the Service Company operational implementation as it impacts HSBC Operations, Services and Technology.
- Advance the granular data quality and drive increased transparency on various cost components of the Technology function.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Accountant or MBA
- Strong financial services knowledge preferred, knowledge of technology would be an advantage.
- Experience in cost management and analysis roles preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with a commercial bias, an excellent grasp of business drivers and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written.
- Strong IT skills an advantage, specifically with Excel, Powerpoint and TM1.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast changing, results driven environment.
- Commercially minded and customer focused.
- Team player due to inherent dependency upon other areas.
- Time management to ensure that all deadlines are met on time without sacrificing quality of information.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009YON
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited