Senior Market Risk Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 18 2018-05-19
Senior Market Risk Manager - Global Risk
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Market Risk Manager .
- Work with front office and finance and traded risk control teams to implement adequate risk management coverage, visibility and controls surrounding from all market risk related activities which are either misreported or inappropriate to market conditions. Supports business management in the achievement of budget targets by developing strategies to optimize returns relative to the use of capital and market risk resources.
- Being a market risk manager covering structured financing transactions with various types of underlying assets including government bonds, corporate bonds, bank papers, Additional Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital instruments, subordinated debt and asset back securities.
- Take part in regulatory change projects including Fundamental Review of Trading Book, Develop and implement a Fundamental Review of Trading Book framework for market risk capital requirements to meet the objectives of the Basel Committee.
- Work closely with all relevant parties with respect to analyze the impacts of the Fundamental Review of Trading Book framework implementation and changes on bank's business model and promote constructive communication with senior management and the front office to increase awareness and engagement,
- Partner with various other functions to devise suitable business strategy for capital optimization and identify gaps in risk system and work with business analyst and IT teams for system enhancement, development and testing as well as
- Participate in tactical working groups as well as evaluate QIS results.
- Key responsibility of performing the market risk control and risk management function within Global Banking and Markets. Executing independent Market Risk management and monitoring to support and oversight Front Office activities.
- Implementation of risk management policies and procedures across Global Markets including operational risk assessment, mitigation, control and loss reporting related to market risk. Assisting with the roll out of new risk systems, including testing of risk exposures.
- Promotion of an appropriate control and compliance culture in line with Group objectives with Global Markets business. Monitoring portfolio's from a market risk perspective and identifying and escalating issues or trends to senior management and relevant stakeholders.
- A significant number of years' experience in front office, market risk or trading experience
- Strong technical knowledge of treasury products and markets.
- Hands on experience in handling wide range of financing products including structured asset underlying. Experience in Asset Back Securities is a plus.
- High levels maturity, resilience, sharp negotiation and communication skills. Able to work independently and under pressure
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, the Candidate will need the credibility and confidence to quickly resolve unscheduled queries and issues in a timely manner.
- Must be able to take ownership of key responsibilities, be a problem solver and above all possess common sense.
- Quantitative degree or post graduate qualifications with excellent commercial acumen and proven decision making, interpersonal skills with particular strong influencing and communication skills.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.