Senior Network Operation Engineer
- Attractive salary package
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Talent International
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
Our client is a leading global investment management company that offers high-quality research and investment services to institutional clients around the world. With more than 500 investment professionals with expertise in fixed income securities, value equities and alternative investments, they operate in more than 20 countries and have more than 3,000 employees across the regions.
· You will be energetic, highly motivated, goal oriented with a basic understanding of server and storage infrastructure.
· You will work in a team environment, applying technical expertise to the management, monitoring the day-to-day support of a complex global data network.
· Proactive monitoring of network health and analysis, development, and recommendation of resolution to any potential issues.
· Escalation point for offshore Network Operations Center personnel and issues with vendors including carriers, manufacture (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, etc.) and services providers.
· Fulfill requests for connectivity, router access list changes, proactively monitor performance, capacity and QoS queue utilization and recommend upgrades in capacity.
· Act as second-in-command for Operations Manager. Mentor junior members of the team and provide regular status reports to the management.
· This role you will be reporting to the US and will be working closely with regional teams.
· B.A. degree in Computer Science will be a plus.
· +5 years of IP Networking experience, + 2 years of experience in a financial firm will be a plus
· Cisco CCNP will be a plus.
· ITIL Foundation (Optional)
1. Great understanding of Cisco IOS and NxOS routers and switches.
2. Thorough understanding of Cisco's WAAS WAN optimization.
3. Good understanding of Juniper JUNOS routers and switches, MX and EX series will be a plus.
4. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including great detailed network analysis.
5. Strong written and speaking skills in English.