Senior Operations Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Senior Operations Manager - Global Risk
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Operations Manager.
- Act as a trusted advisor and a single point of accountability for a given Operational Risk Management Executive Committee member
- Manage operational risk governance, reporting and risk analysis capabilities including provision of team specific insight and critical review and challenge of standard Management Information packs ahead of Risk Management Committees
- Drive effective communications plan ensuring effective cascade of core operational risk materials and messaging alongside appropriate business or regional materials
- Drive effective training priorities and capability building within the respective operational risk team.
- Provide support to Executive Committee member for day to day running of the team's operations.
- Support Global Operational Risk leadership in managing and leading change within the region and to build change competency within the Operational Risk team.
- Support long and short term plans for the Operational Risk team in accordance with the Global Operational Risk change strategy and lead its implementation through resource, cost and programme management.
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders to create buy in for risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Own accountability and drive benefits realization
- Work closely with stakeholders and delivery partners on planning, design and coordination of internal risk change initiatives, actively managing dependencies between these teams and other projects and programmes.
- Ensure programmes have sufficient support and resource to ensure changes are implemented successfully.
- The individual will play a key advisory role in all key strategic internal development/change projects to ensure environment is being built in accordance with HSBC control standards.
- Deliver a consistent and effective approach to business management across the functional area of responsibility.
- Ensure the identification and implementation of best practice across the organisation to enable the highest operational standards.
- Degree or above with major in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or other related discipline
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of the Operational Risk Management Framework in a banking environment
- An effective influencer , with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the confidence to interact with management and challenge their operating environment.
- Ability to lead change , contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business globally
- Ability to work as part of a team across locations
- Ability to work within a diverse team
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website