Senior Operations Support Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 07 Mar 18 2018-03-07
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Operations Support Manager.
In this role, you will
- Development of Information Technology Orderbook and Governance of all Change programs, including Systems. The position will interact extensively with Group and Regional stakeholders.
- Develops approach for annual operating plans and compiles and collates inputs to submit annual operating plans in the financial planning cycle.
- Supports Head of Underwriting Services, and Regional Head of Credit Control Services Operations Support with department strategy, Change projects and analysis to meets business and strategic objectives. Aligns delivery of initiatives across the entire application journey including Banking Operations, and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology.
- Liaise with Country Operations, Systems teams to understand the existing process set up, map the process and improve to bring efficiency improvements and controls using process modeling frameworks.
- Ensuring systems infrastructure is robust to manage operational controls and production service level agreements. Ensuring any operational and control risks from Systems or Process changes are well understood and managed.
- To ensure their team meet the behaviour standards for quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- To adhere to all regulatory requirements and Credit Control Services Operations policies and procedures. Coaching their team on compliance related matters and guidelines to embed them into all Credit Control Services processes and procedures.
- To be vigilant in the identification and control of risks. Collaboratively working across the operation to escalate, report, resolve issues, suspicious activity or lapses of controls observed.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Basic understanding of Underwriting Services operations, systems and workflows in Asia Pacific is an advantage
- Experience in leading presentations, business or project level discussions with Senior Leadership
- Practical experience of major business transformation with some project management experience or exposure
- Ability to craft Business plans
- Experience in navigating Information Technology and Information Systems programs
- Experience in interacting with stakeholders across cultures, geographies and functions
- Demonstrated business knowledge, ideally experience of leading a complex business unit with accountability for a profit and loss statement
- Experience of managing within a complex matrix environment
- Experience of managing or coordinating a geographically dispersed team
- Understanding of the HSBC Group and its strategy, structures and processes
- Preferred Masters degree or equivalent experience in business, finance or technology
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skill, including demonstrated experience and making recommendations.
- Strong communications, project management, influencing, analytical, decision making, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AD6X
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited