Senior Product Control Change Analyst - Global Finance
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 18 2018-05-19
Senior Product Control Change Analyst - Global Finance
Some careers prize diversity more than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC's purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Product Control Change Analyst .
- Influence and collaborate with senior stakeholders and business partners, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes.
- Foster open and honest communication which anticipates stakeholder expectations.
- Work with global, regional and country leadership, and with leads of complex programmes running in parallel, to plan and lead effective deployment of change on priority programmes in line with global and local strategic plans.
- Actively manage the change roadmap, handling risks, issues, dependencies as they arise and keeping stakeholders focused on the agreed change outcomes and benefits.
- Ensure delivery of complex programmes of work using appropriate challenge to ensure the best outcome for HSBC.
- Manage complex operational, organisation and technical issues proposing appropriate solutions.
- Day to day management of globally dispersed internal staff and delivery partners where applicable.
- Accountable for regular regional engagement with in scope regions, ensuring regional alignment with the global Finance front to back programme goals.
- Plan and run project budgets so that they are clearly articulated and actively managed aligning with wider departmental cost strategy and goals.
- Work closely with stakeholders at the senior levels of the organization.
- Work with peers across Finance, including Global Finance Operations, and the wider organisation to build effective cooperative relationships ensuring minimisation of duplicative work streams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Global Businesses, Global Functions, external advisers including project consultants, to maximise value and act as a link between the project teams.
- Align with and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Understand and articulate the projects to stakeholders highlighting dependencies and be able to provide potential solutions to any issues. Embodies courageous integrity
- Leading by example, providing direction, mobilising commitment, managing human capital
- Leads a matrix management team, secures resources when needed, and leverages team member competencies to promote project interests and completion of objectives.
- Builds out and leads a high performing organisation of change professionals including setting career path goals and challenging objectives to grow the talent, facilitating corporate mobility as appropriate.
- Build an organisation that actively supports diversity.
- Lead a team of permanent employees and consultants including talent identification and in role growth.
- Values different perspectives, creating an inclusive environment, valuing and leveraging diversity, being sensitive to other cultures.
- Working well with staff from other departments.
- Creating balanced team environment across functions, departments, regions.
- Confident planning and leading workshops with senior stakeholders.
- Leads by example ensuring compliance with all regulatory and compliance matters and actively manages operational risk.
- Ensures programme and initiatives meet business requirements, and that processes are running as designed. Manages the scope of projects.
- Proactively identify existing and emerging risks and issues ensuring appropriate actions and strategies to manage or mitigate impacts.
- Monitors the effectiveness of a project on a day to day basis, using specialist knowledge to make operational improvements as opportunities permit.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the Finance functions and business processes.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the Global Banking and Markets products, data flows and interactions.
- Prior experience reEngineering front to back flows in the Global Banking and Markets environment.
- Excellent leadership, management and communication skills.
- Lateral thinking, problem solving, and creativity.
- Project management experience in respect of large multinational projects.
- Experience of managing internal team members from a variety of skill sets and experience levels.
- Understanding of how to manage and maximise the value of external advisers including project consultants, accountants and lawyers.
- Ability to draft or verbally present updates to stakeholders and other members of the senior management team that identify progress and explain salient issues.
- Ability to prepare and review Board and Steering Committee briefing packs.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.