Senior Production Support Engineer (12-Month Contract)
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Aquis Search
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
An immediate opening at a global financial institution for a senior production or release engineer with strong technical skills and at least 5+ years of experience.
- Installation and management of application software across environments
- Troubleshooting production issues
- A solid Infrastructure background
- A good understanding of networks
- Experience working within DevOps Model of Build and Deployment
- Software configuration management
- Automate processes were possible and create new technologies when needed.
- A proven and successful experience developing large scale software solutions in more than one language.
- A good understanding of latency (causes and remediation)
- Monitoring supervision and improvement through ITRS, Grafana and Corvil
- Proven track record working with ION or LAB49 software.
- Proven track record within Market Data Applications specifically RMDS, Trep
- Degree holder in Computer Science or related discipline
- Basic understanding of financial markets and products
- Experience (minimum 5 years) on production support for trading systems
- Experience supporting trading and sales applications
- Exposure to position and risk management
- Experience in IT services & operations
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes
- Good Knowledge of DevOps, Software Development LifeCycle.
- Good knowledge of Windows Server and IIS
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Good documentation skills
- Working knowledge of networks, firewalls, proxies, load-balancing, database, systems and application management
- Candidates will ideally have worked in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment supporting mission-critical applications and/or infrastructure, facing off to demanding customers
- Strong experience working with both project team & users
- Strong experience with change management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Discipline and follow organizational process