Senior Project Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
Senior Project Manager
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative solutions while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 millions external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).
You will be part of the the Platform team (PLT), which mission is to make the transformation happen and provide GTS' Platform capabilities, by ensuring the platform services compliance, consistency and robustness, adopting development standards and ensuring all teams are able to deliver and follow a platform services delivery rhythm.
You will join as a senior project manager, with a primary focus on defining an ambitious datacenter strategy along with the applications team and the business, leveraging the hybrid cloud platform of Societe Generale to achieve resiliency, flexibility, scalability and major cost reductions. You will also be tasked with ushering the project through its entire lifecycle, including managing the schedule, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to stakeholders across the bank.
You will play a key role in the organization and will have to be equally at home explaining analyses and recommendations to the business as you are discussing the technical trade-offs with infrasctructure and software engineers.
Your passion, technical depth, and excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills will inspire the teams and rapidly establish trust amongst a diverse set of stakeholders.
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
- University degree with a post graduate degree being advantageous
- At least 10 years of experience with technical subjects and infrastructure technology, preferably some industry experience (not mandatory)
- At least 5 years of experience as a project manager
- Proven successful large scale project management outcomes from ideation to delivery in multiple contexts throughout your career
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience. Ability to mix technical acumen with simple, everyday language to deliver a meaningful story
- Comfortable talking about technical matters with business people and business matters with technical people
- Thinking out of box
- Technological & digital savvy
- Risk Awareness
- Ability to cooperate
Other Behavioural Skills
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Interacting with various people
- Presentation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Previous experience delivering datacenter relocation / consolidation projects
- Previous experience with private cloud platforms
- PMP / Prince2 certification
- French language