BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ KEY DEPARTMENTAL OBJECTIVES
The Change Management Team is a dedicated internal team of professional program / project managers with the mission to identify, drive and implement innovative changes in WM Asia with one or a combination of these ultimate objectives: (1) increase revenue; (2) reduce cost base; (3) improve service levels; and (4) mitigate / manage risks of WM Asia ABOUT YOU
You as a Transformation Project Manager will ideally have Wealth Management industry experience and be passionate about uncovering and presenting ideal solutions to operationally cross-functional challenges, with a primary focus on internal operations. You are a Project Management Professional (PMP) practitioner and be very hands on interfacing directly with Front Office, Middle Office and Backroom operations teams. You have demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and training skills and have a high degree of comfort engaging with all levels within the organisation.
The Transformation Project Manager delivers expertise to operational and project teams in collaboration with other disciplines to create efficiencies and quality improvements. You understand, communicate, and apply process improvement / project management techniques, technologies, methodologies and processes to define consistent / robust solutions. You will actively engage different process actors and stakeholders to participate in continuous change initiatives and play a key role in identifying, recommending, designing and implementing change opportunities across strategic business processes and in accordance with the strategic intent of the Bank. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Increase the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the Wealth Management departments / processes. This includes:
• Identifying, leading, facilitating, and managing cross-functional process improvement initiatives with tangible benefits aligned to overall Wealth Management strategic intent
• Analysing of transactional workflow processes and operations to develop the most cost efficient or effective way for processes to improve productivity, work methods, reduce costs and improve risk management and control
• Managing both operational and strategic change throughout various areas of the business to deliver process effectiveness and efficiency including (but not limited to) incremental revenue, cost / expense reductions, and working capital optimisation
• Analyzing, directing and co-ordinating business change activities associated with process improvements
• Conducting the required fact gathering and intensive quantitative and qualitative data analysis to document, quantify and specify process re-engineering efforts
• Providing training, guidance, mentorship, and leadership to ensure consistency of approach and quality control for continuous improvement initiatives
• Providing consultative services to stakeholders including analysis of business processes and value streams, business case development, and strategic project identification
Contribute to the day to day efficiency of the Wealth Management departments:
• By giving solutions to day to day problems as far as systems and procedures are concerned ;
• By ensuring current procedures and operational control documents are in place ;
• By suggesting systems enhancements and process improvements ;
Contribute to the system implementation:
• By analyzing and specifying requirements for new systems ;
• By proposing plan for a consistent use of systems between Wealth Management centers where applicable ;
• By ensuring systems implementation is consistent with medium term strategy ;
• By assisting users to get processes adapted ;
• By assisting users for conversion plan, training, testing, procedures and go-live ;
• By proposing organization and procedures which will make optimum use of system.
Contribute to the operational permanent control framework;
• By suggesting improvements to the permanent control framework.
• By identifying weaknesses in the permanent control framework and proposing new controls where appropriate.
• By considering permanent control aspects for all new workflows rolled out.
• Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
• Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
• Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System
Contribute to the planning of the medium term direction for Wealth Management Asia:
• By investigating areas where Wealth Management can achieve economies of scale between locations ;
• By working with technology on plans for the evolution of Wealth Management systems ;
• By working with the Corporate Development Team and providing analysis or due diligence on proposed projects where required,
• By validating these propositions with the Regional Head of Organization / COO of Asia
Contribute to help Wealth Management in Asia, adapt to future changes as required by the evolution of markets, client's needs, technology and activities:
• By following market and product development;
• By following the evolution of regulations. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Process re-engineering skills such as Outside In / Design Thinking / Lean / Six Sigma experience are preferred
• Demonstrated excellent analytical, creative and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail.
• Strong business acumen.
• Ability to structure and scope complex problems and apply a range of analytical tools to develop solutions
• An inquiring mind, curiosity and desire to understand "why".
• Ability to rapidly assimilate new technologies and initiative for self-teaching.
• Interpersonal skills enabling you to operate effectively at all levels; you build strong relationships both in person and when working remotely.
• Self-starter. You don't wait to be asked; you volunteer and consult with others to drive work to completion.
• Leadership and successful team working in a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm.
• You are highly organized and experienced at producing project /process documentation.
• Excellent communication skills: formal and informal, one to one, one to many and across all organizational levels.
• Well-developed presentation skills.
• High proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel and process modelling software.
• Ability to successfully work as a team in a rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent organization skills.
• Well-developed presentation skills. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least 10 years' process re-engineering experience ideally within a Wealth Management or Financial Services Context
• Evidence of inquisitive disposition and its application in a past or current role. TRAVEL & WORK ENVIRONMENT Travel
: May require international travel typically SG, HK, India, Taiwan, China, Indonesia according to mission. Work environment
: Professional office environment that is entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, team-oriented, inspiring, diverse and challenging with dedication to creating and developing cutting-edge business process solutions for both employees and clients.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment; work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.