We are looking for an operational risk candidate to join an international brokerage firm. It is a 5-month maternity cover with regional exposure.
- To support the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) in managing operational risk;
- Responsibility to support the implementation and operation of the Group’s ERMF within the region, across all risk types;
- Provide input into the Group’s Risk Assurance Plan if required;
- Assist in the execution of the regional risk element of the Risk Assurance Plan (including control assurance, thematic and deep-dive reviews);
- Assist in the input to the setting and operationalization of risk appetite;
- Assist with ongoing monitoring of region’s risk profile against risk appetite through monitoring of performance against Risk Appetite Thresholds and related KRIs (including a review of required escalations and tracking of risk response actions);
- Help implant Risk Management Standards in the region (controls framework and metric monitoring/escalation/reporting);
- Participate in the Group’s risk identification and evaluation process as required;
- Participate in the delivery of the regional risk assessment processes, including emerging risks;
- Assist with the Risk Event Reporting process within the region;
- Assist with the risk response process within the region, including the review, approval and tracking of risk actions and risk acceptances;
- Help with the co-ordination of the operation of the Group’s New Business Initiative process, within the region, including the review and challenge of NBI submissions;
- Participate in the delivery of the Group’s stress testing programme within the region, including helping with running scenario workshops if required;
- In conjunction with the Group risk teams, help with the oversight of specialist risk areas (including technology, data management and third party risk management);
- Help with providing ongoing risk training and business engagement within the region;
- Help support the operation of the GRC platform within the region;
- The role requires an individual with the desire to learn Risk management.
- Willing to take a focussed responsibility such as in Front Office / Global Markets space or Middle Office or IT/Cyber Security, Finance, HR or Operations.
- Sound judgment, desire to learn, engage with colleagues and service-oriented is important.
- Experience in Risk Management / Audit / Consulting / IT / Front Office (Traders assistant) / Middle Office / Finance / Compliance desired
- At least 3-4 years of experience desired