Who we are
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. What we do
Northern Trust's international business has grown dramatically over the last decade. Some of our largest clients are located in Asia and Australia, which represents a rapidly growing client base for the company. Since 1986, we have been serving clients in Asia-Pacific (APAC), including corporate pension funds, investment managers, insurance companies, government agencies, family offices and corporations. Our intricate understanding of the region allows us to provide unique insights and strategic perspectives to our clients. Currently, we have client offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur. What you will do
- You will provide secretarial support the Country Head of Hong Kong as well as members of the management team. Support the Country Head in the return to office / engagement / social and Business groups initiatives, taking the led in the execution with senior partners.
- Prepare and support the running of key meetings eg Hong Kong All Staff, HK management and executive meetings.
- Support the Country Head with the Business Management functions covering BCP / Risk plans / intercompany agreements
- Prepares routine correspondence and memorandums.
- Diary management, scheduling of meetings and appointments.
- Organize and coordinate travel arrangements for business trips.
- Prepare expenses claims including entertainment & travel reports.
- Takes and prepares minutes of meetings.
- Answer telephone calls.
- Focal point for guests and visitors of the management team.
- Maintains administration
- Maintain calendars.
- Distribute reports and mails.
- Prepares presentations, documents as assigned.
- Advanced secretarial skills acquired through related experience within a multinational company; coming from financial sector highly preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint)
- Excellent organization/administrative and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Approachable with the ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Dedicated and responsible. Trustworthy and reliable.
- Taking initiative and enthusiastic to learn.
- Multi-tasking and ability to work under pressure.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of information.
- Professional telephone handling skills
- Experience in performing minutes of meeting
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve! We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today! Want to learn more about our company?