We are looking for an energetic Senior Software Engineer in Java for our Hong Kong Delivery Center to make the team stronger.
- Value the individuals – We encourage and motivate people to grow. We perceive our people as a source of our success.
- Strive for excellence – We strive for the highest standards of excellence and continuously learn. We take pride in our engineering and accomplishments.
- Act as a team – We treat one another with respect and encourage the best ideas to come from anywhere within the organization. We value our diversity.
- Focus on Customers – We build long term customer relationships, as we strive to always understand our customers' business and needs.
- Act with integrity – We operate legally, honestly and ethically. We take responsibility for our actions.
- Unique opportunity to work for challenging projects in a multinational team
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Regular assessments and salary reviews
- Free English classes and unlimited self-service training
- Opportunities for self-realization
- Friendly team and creative atmosphere
- Flexible working schedule
- Corporate and social events
- Play a developer role
- Write high quality, testable code following clean code principles
- Implement functionality by following defined software development process without direct supervision
- Read and understand project and requirement documentation
- Create documentation describing his/her code
- Participate in Agile Scrum activities: daily standup, demo session, retrospective, planning, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software engineering and development using Java
- Advanced knowledge of Core Java, Spring, Hibernate, Webservices, Restful services.
- Good interpersonal skills, analytical mind, get things done attitude, and passion for engineering excellence
- Good understanding of concepts in OOP, design patterns
- Experienced in relational database technologies e.g., SQL Server, Oracle
- Familiar with Linux shell scripting
- Well versed with using version control tools (e.g., GIT, SVN)
- Good understanding of software development lifecycle, experience in Agile Scrum process.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements
- Active learner who is passionate about technology and keeps up to date with technology changes
- Good communication skills
- Intermediate (CEFR B1) or higher level of spoken and written English
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related majors
- Knowledge of Java tools Maven
- Knowledge of TDD, BDD practices
- Good understanding of SOLID design principles
- Knowledge of Database programming e.g. Oracle PL/SQL
- Experienced with development process and CI/CD tools e.g. Atlassian JIRA, Rally, Jenkins, Bamboo, SonarQube,
- Experienced in Spring Cloud, Microservices
- Ability to communicate with customer on regular basis to clarify business requirements