Senior System Analyst (LifeAsia/AS400, system conversion project, 2-years contract)
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 510,000 customers with over 800 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Participate in large scale project with great exposure to system conversion and migration
- Assist for Project planning, resources estimation & tracking, leading system design, development, process (re-)mapping, data conversion and implementation
- Assist for working out master pro ject plans and outlines inter-dependencies, manages communications amongst sub-projects, and sets realistic objectives/milestones and/or communicate with onsite & offshore IT teams, IMO and vendors
- Maintains a measurable and quality of pro ject deliverables, including operation process/function mapping, data conversion requirements within defined and agreed upon pro ject requirements
- Maintain the quality of project / systems deliverables of the responsible IT work stream
- Assist direct manager and overall project manager to manage project progress, project risks. Identifies, determines and recommends risk mitigation solution on projects and implements as appropriate
- Follow best practices and tools for data project execution and management
- Follow Life system architecture/standard to ensure integration & process mapping can be carried out aligning with preset FWD HK standard/ road-map
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent, minimum 6-10 years' working experience in Information Technology, specialized in Life system development, data conversion and implementation
- Proven track records in managing Life administration systems, preferably experiences in implementing IT systems/data conversion projects to support Hong Kong or Asian countries
- Competent knowledge in Life Asia is a must. Understanding on Front-end system technologies (i.e. .NET, Java, MQ-Series, OpenText) will be advantageous
- Competent knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale IT systems projects for Life insurance business
- Good knowledge in Life insurance products and workflow procedures/practices
- Substantial technical and IT projects/systems management skills
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process