Senior System Engineer
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Have overall responsibility for supporting COMPANY
IT Server, Email and Storage Infrastructure from design through implementation, ongoing management and support
- Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and resolution of IT system, hardware and software.
- Support New Business Unit Build-up
- Responsible for a server team for management and support of COMPANY IT systems and services availability, capacity and 7x24 hours support for business systems.
- Assists in the planning, implementing and supporting the new technology solutions and upgrade as appropriate
- Provide day-to-day management of server Infrastructure services and support, performance and service monitoring, proactive system tuning, software/ application patching/upgrade, backup operation and develop scripts for system automation job
- Carry out system maintenance including installation, troubleshooting, disaster recovery planning, backup jobs monitoring
- Ensure the IT Server infrastructure is configured and managed in a manner which provides the Management assurance and confidence that it is robust and stable at all times
- Ensure the IT Server infrastructure are fulfil compliance/security requirement
- Evaluates new products or services and suggests changes to existing products or services to enhance the operation of services
- Prepare system documentation and operation manual
- Assists in conducting DR Drill and BCP process
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree holder in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent with more than 7 years of relevant experience gained in sizable organization which 3 years in team lead level. Banking or Insurance background is a plus.
- Holder of professional qualification(s) preferred e.g. MCSE (Server Infrastructure), VCP, CISSP Certification.
- Solid experience in MS products, virtualization technology, cloud infrastructure, HCI, Java application platform, server monitoring, SAN management, encryption technology, b ackup & recovery solution.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Hands-on experience in server administration with strong knowledge in Active Directory, ADFS, MS Exchange, Symantec EV, O365, IIS, Azure, JBOSS EAP, Apache, Tomcat , VMware ESXi & VDI, Simplivity HCI, Nimble.
- Hands on experience in system administration with scripting (e.g. Python, Powershell)
- Prefer experience on Linux platform and load balancing technique but not a must.
- Able to work independent, self-motivated and willing to take challenges
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Good Project Management Skill
- Good Leadership Skill
- Good command of written English and Chinese; fluent in spoken English
- Willingness to learn new IT Technology
Candidates with less experience will be considered as System Engineer