Senior Systems Analyst (Full-Stack Developer)
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
You will work closely with product teams and front end (UI / UX) developers to code the services that will enable the customer journeys. Working as part of high performing DevOps scrums you will be responsible for coding server-side services / frontend mobile app that conforms to the standards set out by the application development lead. You will be responsible for integrating those services with the front-end components
Success for you is developing market differentiating services as part of an agile, customer centric development capability.
- Managing Microservices API access with data owners
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implement of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Work collaboratively with design team to understand end user requirements to provide technical solutions and for the implementation of new software features
- Work with our platform engineering team, utilizing agile best practice
- Build platform services and tools and improve existing ones
- Take part in decisions related to how we build new capabilities and functionality
- Gather requirements and scope out projects with the rest of the team
- Work closely with our fellow engineers, designers, QA and others
- Develop mobile app / components for iOS
- Previous working experience as a NodeJS / Java Developer for 3-5 years
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Hands on experience with NodeJS / Java frameworks
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jinja 2, Mako, etc
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies (iOS / Android)
- Experience working with source code management tools (e.g. Github, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with CI tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, AzureDevOps)
- Proficient in database concepts and constructs, including data models (normalization, foreign key, surrogate key, etc)
- Proficient working with large data volumes (e.g. millions to billions of records)
- Proficient performance tuning SQL, including use of explains plans, partitions, hints, etc.
- Pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested software or scripts
- Experience in Public Cloud Azure (Preferred), AWS, GCP
- 2 or more years professional "DevOps" experience managing toolchains and cloud-based production environments and a willingness to quickly get up to speed on our stack (Azure, Python / Java)
- Proficient in use of SQL and SQL scripts
- Experience in Automated Testing Tool, for unit test and functional end to end test, for both backend and frontend mobile. Have the mind set / experience of Test-Driven Development.
- Experience in developing mobile app in either iOS native coding or React Native
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to communicate in Putonghua and Cantonese is a plus.