Eclipse Trading is one of Asia's leading proprietary derivatives trading firms, specialising in options market making. Technology is at the core of our business, and our trading expertise and strategies are deployed across several Asian markets. Founded in 2007, we have approximately 100 staff across our three office locations – Hong Kong (our HQ), Sydney and Shanghai.
The Trading Systems Development team is responsible for Eclipse Trading's in house derivatives trading system, spanning order execution, position management, derivative pricing, risk management and P&L.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build the next generation of our trading system through a combination of green-field development and refactoring of existing code bases with modern technologies (Java 11, Kafka, Kafka Streams)
- Drive key projects from inception to analysis, design, implementation and delivery
- Partner closely with traders, quants and other development teams
- Design and implement solutions to manage orders and trades, price derivatives and manage risk
- Provide feedback through design and code reviews and mentoring junior developers
- Provide Tier 3 support as needed
What you offer
- Excellent core Java design and development skills
- 5+ years of experience in building high performance, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed systems in Java, of which 3+ years in financial industry
- Strong believer in automated testing and collaboration with colleagues
- University Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
What we offer
- Attractive benefits package with discretionary bonus
- Work/Life balance in a multi-cultural environment
- A flat management structure, where everyone's voice is valued
- A collaborative work environment with motivated, intelligent and respectful colleagues
All information provided will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
Due to the high number of responses that we receive, we are only able to respond to successful applicants.