Senior UX Researcher
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place. We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear from you. Job Description Senior UX Researcher Hong Kong The Opportunity
The customer is the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering User Experience expert with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business, which is why we need you.
The User Experience (UX) Researcher will report to the Director, HCD. The position's primary role is to manage and run a robust user research process that answers the right questions at the right time and in the right way.
We are looking for a candidate who can design, execute, and communicate qualitative and quantitative research to drive decision-making throughout the development life cycle. In addition, we expect the successful candidate to be a regional advocate for rigorous and independent user research. What motivates you?
We are looking for someone with:
- You obsess about customers, listen, engage and act for their benefit
- You think big, with curiosity to discover ways to use your agile mindset and enable business outcomes
- You thrive in teams, and enjoy getting things done together
- You take ownership and build solutions, focusing on what matters
- You do what is right, work with integrity and speak up
- You share your humanity, helping us build a diverse and inclusive work environment for everyone
- 5-10 years of relevant user research experience. Financial services experience would be an advantage.
- Able to demonstrate triangulated research, appropriately leveraging qualitative and quantitative methods at all stages of the design cycle.
- Solid experience interpreting and incorporating behavioural analytics.
- Experience working in an Agile design & development environment.
- A record of presenting robust, unbiased research that answers the right questions at the right time, driving positive outcomes.
- The ability to act both strategically and digitally is essential. The successful candidate understands how the digital economy is changing user behaviour and the insurance landscape.
- Excellent communication and persuasive skills are required, with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively across organisational levels.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English are essential.
- Additional languages such as Bahasa, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Khmer, Japanese, Mandarin, or Cantonese would be advantageous.
On the job you will:
- Bachelors/Masters in Human Factors, Psychology, Research or a related field.
- A recognized HCD certification would be an advantage. LUMA certified Practitioner or Instructor preferred.
Our commitment to you
- Provide hands-on, ongoing research support for multiyear, multi-country transformation projects.
- Plan and execute research studies end-to-end and across our Asia markets, including:
- Articulating research questions and matching with appropriate research methods
- Crafting research plans and guides
- Managing the user recruiting process
- Moderating or managing the moderation of studies
- Analyzing and synthesizing findings into clear, concise insights and recommendations
- Triangulate research synthesizing data from both qualitative and quantitative sources.
- Apply a variety of user research methods appropriate for answering the critical research questions such as:
- Exploratory research: Jobs-to-be-done interviews, Contextual Enquiry etc.
- Early design tests, e.g. Card Sorts, Tree Tests, etc.
- Concept validation
- Remote moderated/unmoderated testing
- A/B tests and analytics review
- Work with other HCD practitioners, including UX/UI designers, Service Designers and other business stakeholders, to advocate for and elevate the craft of user research, ensuring rigour and impartiality.
- Collaborate, support, guide and train market teams in user research best practices.
- Our mission; to be a part of making Decisions Easier and Lives Better
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and success
- A bold ambition and set of goals to be a leader in driving transformation in our industry
- Our best. Every day.
Learn more about opportunities with us at www.manulife.com/en/careers/why-join-us.html Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today. About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance , annuities , investments , 401(k) plans , and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com . Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock , we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour , ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .