We are currently seeking a Senior Wealth analyst, to join our growing team addressing the financial challenges of institutional asset owners and financial intermediaries. This role will be based in Hong Kong
In this role, you will:
- Carry out quantitative analyses and compiling of reports on investment performance and market updates with high level of accuracy.
- Able to liaise with client’s working level team, and foster a warm and professional relationship with contacts
- Have project management and client management responsibilities that is appropriate for this role as you develop as actuarial consulting skills.
- Aside from client delivery, you will proactively review and identify major or minor improvements in the current processes. You will be excited to be part of a creation story on new ideas, establishing best practices and getting the word out.
- Carry out different research and analytics, as part of forming Mercer’s local views on issues that our clients will be interested in. You will be able to apply your findings to arrive at recommendations or observations to add value to our clients, under guidance of more experienced colleagues.
- Digest and keep up with HKMA, SFC and MPFA regulations that impact on the financial planning industry in relation to investment and retirement matters.
- Carry out tasks under instruction but with minimal supervision, such as drafting and managing industry surveys, and collating the information for use in projects and marketing efforts with review by senior team members.
To be successful in this role, there are some basic expectations but we wish to emphasize that Mercer takes an approach of trusting individuals to shape the role based on maximum contribution to the overall team and pushing boundaries for personal development.
- Good academic record of accomplishment in numerical subjects such as Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/Management/Behavioral), Actuarial Sciences, Engineering and so on.
- Can demonstrate strong communication, analytical and technical skills, with attention to detail. Ability to articulate complex and technical information, within parameters of your role and level, in layman and concise ways.
- Have strong self-initiative and curiosity in financial services, self-motivated to seek out knowledge, test ideas and ways to contribute to the team. Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with team members.
- Have strong personal management in order to plan for foreseeable tasks, and understand own capacity for unforeseeable tasks. Manage the schedule for routine jobs, and be able to provide estimates of the time required to complete your tasks for senior management reporting.
- Work experience: 2-5 years of industry experience, welcoming candidates from banking, asset management, investment advisory (e.g. IFA), and insurance, financial services and consulting.
- Language requirements: Strong English, Cantonese and/or Mandarin abilities. Korean would be an added benefit.
- Complete tasks efficiently while expanding technical capabilities and knowledge about Mercer Wealth.
- Ensure client folders are well maintained, with good audit trail of the client communication, internal instructions and final output.
- Understand and apply appropriate Mercer methods and tools (or recognized equivalent) in completing assignments.
- Interact with more experienced team members to contribute to collaborative culture and demonstrate proactive behavior