Service Desk Specialist - virtual banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Join us in building a virtual bank from scratch using cloud native technologies. We're a small but fast-growing team solving exciting problems and delivering high quality products in small, interdisciplinary teams. We're applying the learnings from Google, Twitter and Netflix to build the next generation of banking. The Role Responsibilities
The Desktop Engineer has overall responsibility for supporting the BAU hardware and application needs across all areas of Dragon. With deep technical knowledge and the passion to provide exception services to the internal and external customers, you will be a critical member to help build and grow our team. Responsibilities:
- Provide face-to-face and remote end user support to the staff members of Dragon, as well as the hardware setup of all office events
- Manage on-boarding and off-boarding of users for all hardware and software needs, including but not limited to hardware and software procurement, setup and training, inventory management, maintenance, upgrades and replacement
- Implement relevant information security policies and ensure compliance of all users and their equipment
- Take ownership of tech issues and provide regular communication of the progress of investigations and planned solutions to the users, whilst managing expectations
- Develop and document a comprehensive knowledge of our technology policies, standards, and procedures to contribute to service development, and provide implementation and support
- Strong experience working in a team supporting sizable digital services within a high growth and rapidly changing environment. Experience in financial services is preferred
- A degree in a technical discipline, e.g. information systems, computer science, electrical engineering etc. is preferred but not required
- Experience in the desktop hardware and software support for a corporation, the experience of initial setup an advantage
- Ability to work independently, be a self-starter and own the issues
- Demonstrate ability to guide the users to familiarize with the applications.
- Experience supporting MacBook, PCs, laptops, Smartphones, iPads, iPhones etc.
- In-depth, hands-on problem-solving expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages, e.g. Apple MacOS, Google Suite, Windows, and the Microsoft Office
- Certified Diagnostic Engineer status with a primary manufacturer e.g. Apple, HP etc
- Solid knowledge of PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Very familiar with using GitHub and similar code versioning services
Join us today and be a game joiner!