- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
You will be on boarded in the Infrastructure as a Service team that develops and maintains On-Premises Cloud Infrastructures, Traditional Hosting and Storage Infrastructure. The department is composed of 20+ DevOps System Administrator and Developers using Agile framework at scale.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Engineer with a strong desire to use modern development technics to change the way infrastructure is being deployed and managed.
The candidate must demonstrate a strong willingness to learn about new technologies related to infrastructure, new ways of working and share his own experience/knowledge as required by the team to deliver the product.
In a self-managed environment, high degree of autonomy, responsibility and collaboration are required.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain software to manage on-premise cloud and hosting infrastructures.
- Solve problems related to mission critical infrastructure by building automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Measure and monitor software usage and behavior and define necessary improvements.
- Engage in incident response to restore production services involving software issues.
- Coach infrastructure engineers and junior developer on development principles and technical skills.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Experience with object-oriented programming, algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience in Python development.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environments and/or cloud technologies.
- Experience in database design and other data storage solutions.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting scalable distributed systems.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed (preferred).
- Experience in CI/CD practice, Git versioning control, MVC Rest API and Test Driven Development
- Experience with Front-end Web development, such as React or AngularJs
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
Nice to have:
- Network and other related fundamental infrastructure technologies or services.
- Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure
- Experience working in an Agile environment