MassMutual has founded an insurTech SaaS provider that is building a suite of products that insurance carriers can leverage to provide a fully digital experience to their customers.
We combine the culture of a start-up with the stability and backing of a Fortune 100 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in the heart of Hong Kong and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks.
If you're innovative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
You will be joining a small, experienced technology team with a strong agile engineering culture and remote-first work policy as one of the core developers responsible for our revolutionary digital insurance services platform. Experience with web application development is a plus, although more important to us is the code you write and thoughtfulness about how and why you do what you do.
This role can be located in Hong Kong or Singapore. Qualified candidates based in other countries are eligible for remote work arrangement.
In this role you will partner with your fellow technology team members, QAs and business to
- Develop algorithmic or manual underwriting intelligence
- Build self-service tooling to manage and automate insurance front-to-back workflows
- Collect and preprocess quality third-party data
- Create scalable and fast customer-facing portal for taking new business applications
Our main technologies in use:
- Programming in Typescript from front to back
- Frontend with Vue and Vuetify
- Backend with NestJS, GraphQL, TypeORM and PostgreSQL
- Running on containerised Node.js with Kubernetes utilising range of cloud services
These are essential to success in this role:
- A demonstrable experience in building modern, complex customer-facing web applications
- Expertise with full stack development with modern programming language
- Knowledge of developing scalable distributed systems using open source technologies
- Comfortable expressing and defending points of view while respecting those of others
- Able to explain sophisticated problem and suggest solutions to business
These skills are not required but are a plus:
- Working in a startup or agile development environments
- Expertise with Typescript
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience and familiarity with financial services or other mathematically oriented applications
- Experience in multi-platform web applications (desktop, mobile)
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Oracle, or other Relational DBMS
- Experience with enterprise cloud services like AWS, Google Compute Engine or Azure
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Open API, web security and privacy
We pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and MPF with additional employer voluntary contributions.