Software Engineer - Securitized Derivatives
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which comprises our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business. and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment. Technology is at the heart of our business. Our Impact
The Private Investors Product Group (PIPG) is part of the Global Market Division and focuses on the creation, market making, distribution, and trading of Securitized & OTC Derivatives and Structured Products. Its main client bases are private banks, retail banks, online brokers, and other distributors that provide structured solutions to high net worth or retail investors. PIPG Asia is currently undergoing a multi-year expansion to build/uplift its technology platform, deepen its regional reach, and revamp its online presence.
As a member of the PIPG Engineering team, you are responsible for building the full stack technology platform to create an innovative, digital client experience. The platform enables every aspect of PIPG offering, including directly facing clients for quoting and trade execution, automated document generation, post trade client services, front-to-back STP etc. In addition to supporting the current business, we also intend to expand the platform into an infrastructure which can serve as a standalone business in itself. By uplifting of the technology platform, we will be able to both expand the existing PIPG Asia business and provide an open platform for new businesses. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW WILL YOU FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will be working with a team of highly capable, experienced engineers, in an open and meritocratic environment. Healthy discussions and consensus-building are encouraged and appreciated.
- You will gain technical expertise and business knowledge, and will apply them to deliver real-world solutions for the business. Deep analysis of client activity and in-depth business intelligence is key driver for business push to grow the equity derivatives business in the region. Your contribution will play a big role in delivering on this vision.
- You will build relationships with colleagues from various parts of the firm, from Trading, Sales, Structuring, Operations, and many other teams over the course of your career. You will learn how Goldman Sachs work and conduct a complex business such as Derivatives.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or other related technical discipline
- Good analytical skills and clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Highly motivated, committed, self-starting and the ability to multi task
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work well with local and global team members
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Knowledge of derivatives products and derivatives business
- Exposure to / experience in big data analytics and cloud-based platforms, familiarity with Python, Kubernetes, and cloud native development would be beneficial
WHY PIPG ENGINEERING
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- Benefit from ongoing training, development, and mentoring to advance in your career
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity