Software Engineering - Python - Robo Trader, Associate
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Equities Front Office Marking and Analytics Team develops applications for the Equity Derivatives trading and sales desks. This ranges from applications covering a wide scope of areas such as Robotrader/Trex, trade management, risk and position management, pricing as well as various other analytics.
We're looking for a new member in the Robotrader stream who will partner very closely with the trading desk(s), other technology teams and Quantitative Research (QR) to develop new applications and enhance existing applications which are critical to the business.
The team utilizes a wide variety of technologies including Python, Java and React/Redux. The role offers a range of interesting opportunities:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Partnership with Front Office while developing new data-driven applications
- Building the next generation AI/ML platform for enhancing and supporting trading decisions.
- Taking part in a new strategy to automate Front Office processes and functions using technology solutions
- An agile and delivery focused team working with global and local counterparts leveraging best in class technologies to solve business problems
- Close collaboration with a number of teams including Trading, Sales, Quantitative Research, as well as other technology teams
- Various business transformation projects across market/trade/client analytics, marking/publishing
- Opportunity to propose and explore new solutions that can give the firm an edge against competition
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with development, deployment and maintenance of commercial service oriented application(s)
- Disciplined approach to code management, testing and deployment practices and high quality delivery
- Business knowledge of simple derivative products (vanilla options, variance swaps, strategies involving vanillas): how these are used, how to price them, how to evaluate risk exposure using Greeks
- Experience with at least one modern programming language such as Python, Java, etc.
- Knowledge of at least one relational database such as Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Understanding of how to effectively utilize unit testing
- Experience of full project lifecycle, breaking requirements down into technical deliverables and effort estimation
- Ability to work effectively within a global team (spread across NA, EMEA, APAC etc.) while influencing and contributing towards the development of the global platform
- Great problem solving skills for problems with a mathematical/technological background
- Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment
- Good communication skills especially when describing problems and explaining solutions
- Equities business knowledge is an advantage but relevant experience in other business areas is welcomed
- Unix or Linux knowledge
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and deployment processes
- Experience with project management
- Experience with service oriented platforms, and a good understanding of current generation open source frameworks