Software Enginer, Java – Credit Technology
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- J.P. Morgan
- 21 Aug 18 2018-08-21
Software Enginer, Java – Credit Technology
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
Credit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader. We are a team of around 125 people with the core of our development effort based in the financial hubs of London, New York and Hong Kong where we partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks. Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market. We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to providing our business with the latest UI platforms.
We are looking to hire a software engineer to work in our Credit Desktop development team, a highly-skilled, business-aligned team of technologists responsible for the front end UIs used by the Credit Trading business globally. The team designs, builds and enhances custom built electronic trading, pricing and execution platforms, working closely with the desk and with core technology groups. Products include corporate bonds, single name and index CDS. Team members are based in London, New York, Mumbai and Hong Kong. We are looking for an application developer to help to build out and enhance the existing suite of Credit Desktop platforms and the next generation of bespoke trading solutions.
The role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a team of experienced technologists. It requires an expertise in creating high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture that will be leveraged by a variety of teams across Credit Technology as well as for direct deliveries to the desk. The successful candidate must be comfortable working as a front-office developer in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.
• Develop robust, performant pricing, trading and risk systems including building new applications & enriching existing applications using the most suitable technology choices. Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
• Work across entire software development lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
• Convert and enhance complex trading workflows into intuitive user interfaces. Understand what makes a performant and desirable desktop experience.
• Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and "operatability".
• Global Credit Trading business and Quant Research team
• Global Production Support & Infrastructure teams
• Other Credit Technology teams; JP Morgan Athena development community
• Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals. Experience in real-time, high performance and/or eTrading areas beneficial.
• Java, both server-side and UI, with a background in delivering enterprise level applications. Python a plus.
• Strong grasp of object oriented design and programming, multi-threaded programming and middleware technologies (e.g. RMDS, Informatica UM, Streambase, Tibco).
• Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
• Experience with SCM tools: Maven, Git, continuous build tools.
• Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting.
• Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.
• The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline.
• Strong technology generalist - experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise applications used within a high performance/real-time environment.
• Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy, etc.)
• Trading Floor experience, or experience being co-located with users
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to take your career to the next level? Apply today