Solution Architect - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Solution Architect
. Principal responsibilities
- The Solution Architect will play an important role in the development lifecycle within HSBC's Technology Acceleration Program, gathering requirement, scoping and designing the solution and directing activities for the design team.
- The role requires Agile formal experience and to be familiar with current digital technology landscape, as the Solution Architect will be frequently responsible for conducting research on existing HSBC solutions, understand software capabilities, functional and non funtional requirements and resolve any issues during the development lifecycle.
- The Solution Architect will engage with different stakeholders to gather requirement and specifications and to understand current solutions, develop specifications, determine product scope and prepare documentation.
- The Solution Architect will also lead development teams, ensuring that specifications and requirements are well articulated with the team and all the development is made according to the bank risk compliance and IT requirements.
- The role will also require to work with multiple teams inside the organization and engage with external vendors, making sure they meet deadlines for the deliverables and project requirements.
- This role will have a reporting line to the Program Lead.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field
- Significant experience in the IT field and previous experience leading IT projects
- Solid experience in a design and engineering environment with a focus on leading design teams and process and user experience improvement projects, experience in Financial Services is a big plus
- Expertise in a broad range of user experience design solutions and their business application
- Must have formal training or experience in human centered design, design thinking, and Agile or Scrum development process
- Ability to synthesize information and proactively creatively solve problems, enhance the organization, and improve operational efficiencies
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a diverse team of colleagues, influencing them to deliver their very best work
- Proven ability to align a team and business stakeholders behind a user-focused vision and deliver measurable results against plans
- Knowledge of cloud concepts and cloud architecture, different types of cloud computing such as AWS or GCP or Azure
- Hands on with coding across multiple frameworks, languages and ecosystems
- Experience in HTML CSS, Semantic HTML, CSS Media Queries, Bootstrap
- Experienec backend languages such as SQL and Oracle, Java, Python
- Experience in Database and Web Storage such as Relational Data, NoSQL shch as MongoDB, in memory data stores either for edis or memcached, Scaling databases, ACID, ORM optional
- Experience in RcprreerWebapp Architecture such as MVC, Performance optimization, One Page App
- Experience in Version Control including Git, GitHub
- Experience in Basic Algorithms and Data Strcutures such as Hash tables, trees and graphs, caching
- Experience in MQ and PubSub
- Experience inOAuth 2.0
- Have a strong understanding of agile methods of software delivery, fluent in the vernacular of interactive technology and able to successfully collaborate with technology teams
- Ability to multitask and prioritize high volume workload based on workflow dependencies, competing business initiatives, management demands and time constraints
- Fluent in the vernacular of interactive technology and able to successfully collaborate with technology teams
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.