- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- T. Rowe Price International
- 12 Jun 18 2018-06-12
We are seeking a highly motivated investment professional to join a strategically important global effort within T. Rowe Price. You are excited by the prospect of blending client objectives, investment and quantitative research, and our investment capabilities to build customized analyses for delivery to institutional investors. The Solutions Analyst will join the Multi-Asset Solutions team that is engaged in the creation and delivery of off-the-shelf and customized analyses to institutional clients across all T. Rowe Price regions. These analyses will take many forms, including:
- Asset allocation optimizations utilizing T. Rowe Price products
- Competitor and median manager analysis
- Crafting bespoke fixed income, equity and/or multi-asset strategies
- Responses to client specific questions related to topics, including but not limited to currency hedging, investment manager structure, and retirement plan design
- Development of new products and investment frameworks
- Asset/liability and spending studies for institutional investors
You will collaborate with other Multi-Asset team colleagues (strategists, quantitative resources), other members of the Multi-Asset Division (portfolio managers, research analysts, etc.), investment staff, and members of distribution teams. The nature of the work will vary, as the team supports Multi-Asset strategists located in North America, Asia and Europe who engage with a wide range of clients and prospects in their respective regions. In this role you will learn the quantitative skills, market-insights, and investment acumen necessary to develop into an institutional investment strategist or portfolio manager of custom portfolios.
The ability to lead multiple projects (e.g., multi-task), collaborate with colleagues, engage with internal investment and distribution staff, present to clients and prospects, and support the creation and delivery of analyses and proposals to institutional investors are all important to your successful execution of the role. You should seek to develop a broad knowledge of the global investment landscape along with the quantitative techniques and tools necessary for comprehensive analysis.
- Perform a wide range of activities in support of the creation of customized materials that in general address the opportunities/options available to investors for realizing specific investment objectives. These activities will include: financial, quantitative and statistical analysis of asset classes; portfolio optimization; risk and scenario analysis; other research that would lead to the creation of comprehensive and original materials/whitepapers/thought leadership.
- Collaborate with quantitative research and analysis teams within the Equity, Fixed Income, and Multi-Asset Divisions. Develop a deep knowledge of the quantitative resources within these teams and apply them (as appropriate) when developing customized multi-asset solutions.
- Engage with internal partners and external markets (clients, prospects, consultants) in the research process, as well as in the development of investment solutions. Approach consultative engagements with curiosity, energy and a desire for thoroughness and perfection.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of investment solutions that T. Rowe Price offers. Attend investment meetings, read research reports, utilize information services, etc. to maintain a knowledge base required to successfully represent the capabilities of T. Rowe Price and the strategic initiatives of Multi-Asset Solutions.
- Support the servicing of relationships via close interaction with a wide range of T. Rowe Price staff, including portfolio managers, portfolio specialists, relationship associates, operations staff, and other staff responsible for producing and delivering content to internal and external audiences.
- Build close partnerships with key internal staff. Support Multi-Asset Solutions strategy education to internal staff in one-on-one or group settings as appropriate.
- A minimum requirement of an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Finance, Economics, Engineering, Math, Physics)
- A desire to commence an MBA and/or the CFA program
- Experience programming in MATLAB, R, and/or Python (preference for experience with multiple) and SQL; advanced knowledge of Excel
- A real passion for the investment business with an understanding of investment concepts and a working knowledge of investment strategies and tactics
- Strong analytical and analytical skills; experience working with large data sets
- Strong oral and written skills; ability to present complex concepts to a broad range of audiences in a consultative, solutions-focused manner
- Ability to interact well with portfolio managers, portfolio specialists, quantitative analysts, sales and client service professionals, and institutional clients and consultants
- Energized by the opportunity to represent a strategically important global initiative
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Possess a high level of personal integrity and a passion for achieving ambitious results
- Fluency in Mandarin or Japanese and English
- Willingness to live in Hong Kong and spend several weeks at a time in Baltimore for training