Our client is a large Blue-Chip Enterprise, with an extremely large and complex technology footprint. They are seeking a Senior Data Solutions Architect who will assume responsibility of providing high quality end-to-end business application solutions. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience data architecture in an enterprise environment.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for all phases of new data solution implementation displaying the ability to lead in the delivery of the solutions.
- Play a valuable technical leadership role in the enterprise solution delivery, including leading the technical delivery performance, identifying and responding to technical delivery extension/expansion opportunities, and actively managing multiple business stakeholders’ relationship and expectations.
- Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture team for technology validation or suggestions for alternative solutions.
- Define and drives product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs to deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Create and maintain enterprise solutions for rich interactive visualizations for data interpretation and analysis from multiple data sources
Required Skills for the Role:
- University degree holder in Information Technology, or related disciplines
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 12 or more years of analytics platform implementation or operations experience
- Hands on experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as networking, storage, and hardware optimisation
- Implementation and tuning experience of data warehousing platforms, including knowledge of data warehouse schema design, query tuning and optimisation, and data migration and integration.
- Proven ability to be a critical thinker and tackle problems by first evaluating the problem and then thinking of several potential solutions.
- Extensive expertise to lead in architecture analysis, modelling, and design ensuring alignment with business and Architecture strategy, this would include ownership of the architecture artifacts, controlling the architectural integrity and managing critical architectural trade-offs
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating innovative data analytic technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, R, Python and other open source and proprietary data analytics platforms and tools
- Architecture and applications on or incorporating cloud infrastructure-, platform-, and/or software as a service (particularly data analytic solutions on Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud platforms and service providers)
- Excellent in written and verbal communication skills
If interested, please send your most updated cv in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line “Data Solutions Architect”.