Specialist, Global Transaction Services Compliance
Business Function Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders.
- Supervise the compliance team on daily works and oversee the professional development of team members.
- Provide prompt, sound and consistent compliance advice, interpretation and recommendation on regulations and policies as well as new products and other business initiatives to Global Transaction Services (GTS). Work closely with BUs and other compliance teams to establish and implement appropriate compliance policies and procedures for those relevant to GTS.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments/ stakeholders to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends for GTS and the Bank as a whole. To work closely with BUs to establish, review and update internal rules, policies and guidelines to formulate proper internal control procedures and meet best practice regulatory and industry standards.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Internal Audit, HR and operations) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Works with legal team as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Develop, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the GTS business and its related activities to prevent compliance breaches, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the GTS compliance program. This includes supporting new business initiatives and product launches. To review product / service marketing materials (e.g. term sheets), proposals and implementation of sale process for GTS.
- Handle compliance and regulatory assignments such as complaint handling, regulatory reporting and survey, regulatory examination and GTS, related ad hoc project.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk for GTS; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation function to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within GTS are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and internal code of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies (i.e. HKMA, SFC, PCO etc) as appropriate and/or required. Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts/ tasks (i.e. BRC, PBNA meetings etc).
- Institute and maintain an effective compliance communication program for GTS. To work with other compliance teams and BUs to develop and implement compliance monitoring programs.
- To assess training needs, develop and review training materials and conduct training for BUs. Work with the Human Resources Department and other stakeholders as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program for DBSHK and GTS, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- To act as the main conduit/interface and foster good relations between BUs and various regulatory authorities.
University graduate in L aw, Finance, Accountancy, or related disciplines, or possession of legal or accountancy professional qualifications. At least 2 years relevant experience with solid exposure on compliance/legal or audit department of a bank or authorized/licensed financial institution; or a local or overseas banking or relevant financial supervisory body; or a professional legal or audit/accountancy firm with banking or financial services compliance / regulatory advisory experience. Good exposure to dealing with regulatory matters and liaising with regulators preferred. Apply Now
- In-depth knowledge of banking and financial sector laws and regulations, compliance best practices and understanding of financial products and operating business, in particular those relating to private banking segment.
- Excellent people management and analytical skills. Good leadership skills to foster compliance culture. Ability to develop and coach staff and colleagues.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good writing ability and interpersonal and communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.