- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
The BNYM Markets Global Surveillance Program is looking to hire a full time business control and surveillance analyst to:
- Monitor, investigate and escalate alerts to supervisors and compliance
- Assist the APAC Controls team on agile implementations and business as usual tasks. The vice president will be based in the Company's Hong Kong office and will have a direct reporting to the Markets APAC Control Officer.
The analyst will:
- Liaise between sales and trading staff, supervisors, compliance and quant developers that will support the surveillance framework
- Support the overall APAC Controls team initiatives through project coordination and management Surveillance:
- Perform daily monitoring and investigation of trade surveillance alerts using a visualization tool.
- Promptly escalate and communicate as appropriate, alerts that require supervisor and / or compliance review.
- Maintain and monitor a database of remedial actions / recommendations arising from trade surveillance.
- Co-ordinate with on-site developers and business analysts to implement any code additions / changes, e.g. reporting, adjustment of alert parameters to reduce false positives.
- Assist in the development of a surveillance operating model by providing recommendations for escalations and workflow on an alerts basis.
- Package and present management information for periodic review by the Surveillance Governance Committee.
- Analyse and report on trends seen in the daily process to senior supervisors, the Surveillance Governance Committee and compliance management.
- Where necessary, plan and implement new surveillance programs or expansions into other BNYM lines of business.
- As required, enhance the trade surveillance processes to achieve higher efficiency (e.g. reduction in false positives) while not reducing quality.
- Actively participate in investigations into incidents arising as required.
- Assist compliance in regulatory, internal or client requests.
- Work with APAC project managers to implement projects and close-out Controls tasks.
- Track APAC Controls office book of work progress, timelines, issues and risks.
- Be key point of contact between APAC Controls office and New York and London Controls office to ensure global applicability of Controls framework development.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to the APAC Head of Controls on various initiatives, in particular for the global surveillance and supervision framework development.
- Instruct New York and London Controls offices on specific APAC requirements to ensure global implementation of all relevant initiatives.
- Keep abreast of evolving regulatory and conduct requirements, particularly relating to APAC.
- Provide updates on APAC tasks to global conduct and risk steering and governance committees.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in business, finance, economics or related disciplines or Professional Qualification.
- Minimum 7 years and above of relevant experience.
- 2+ years' experience in a compliance trade surveillance role / front office trading role / front office supervisor role.
- 2+ years' experience in a controls function, particularly within the front office.
- Experience in project management / business analyses.
- Knowledge of at least two of the following, Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives and/or FX.
- Familiarity with global regulation and industry best practices aimed at mitigating market manipulation and abuse, and employee misconduct.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Global Markets, through its Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC and BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Limited businesses, provides a broad array of products and services for corporate, institutional and high-net-worth investors to choose among various vehicles aimed at protecting principal, providing growth and managing risk.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70330
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1716415