Sr Credit Officer, Int'l Corporates HK, Structured Finance GCNA
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities SMR Responsibilities delegation SMF 4 - Risk Control Ownership for credit risk and prudential regulations for credit risk:
SMF 4 - Culture of good conduct:
- Act as the second line Risk Control Owner for credit risk and its specific sub-types such as external rules and regulations (prudential regulations for credit risk). As the risk control owner, be responsible for:
- Setting (or proposing) the risk-type framework, risk tolerances and risk appetite, policies and control standards
- Making decisions within delegated authorities and maintaining necessary expertise to manage such risks
- Establishing effective assurance and reporting mechanisms; and
- Design and effectiveness of the risk controls, monitoring of compliance to the Board approved risk tolerances and effectiveness of risk controls; and escalate material exceptions to appropriate management and risk committees.
FCA 14 - Wholesale Lending Decisions:
- Responsible for building a culture of good conduct.
- Responsibility for wholesale lending decisions
- Responsible for final credit decisions for wholesale lending facilities. My responsibilities do not extend to the following, which are the responsibility of the relevant Business CEOs:
- Completeness and accuracy of the business credit application and capture of critical information required for credit risk measurement and credit analysis
Responsibility as head of credit for International Corporates HK and Specialised Finance Risk, GCNA encompasses the following areas: Strategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function.
- Maintain and develop the Function's risk capabilities, and skills to meet ongoing needs and plans
People and Talent
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner.
- Ensure effective management of the operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Function's risk management processes.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Act as Second Line Risk Framework Owner under the Group's Enterprise Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for credit risk).
- Ensuring that the quality of Business Credit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Ensuring timely submission and accuracy of Hong Kong and Corporate Finance GCNA credit portfolio data to appropriate committees as well as for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Ensure Early Alert is adhered to, and assist relationship managers in identification and managing up or out of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing accounts to minimise losses.
- Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Initiate stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications
- Maintain delegated authorities in line with internal policies and ensure that delegations are in line with individual capabilities.
- Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
- Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide inputs into key group and local risk reporting, as well as risk management committees (including but not limited to Credit Issues Committee and Executive Risk Committee)
- Provide support on credit risk governance activities, including but not limited to policy updates; risk appetite and portfolio standards monitoring and management; and credit risk related regulatory reporting.
Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the IC Risk team and the SF Risk team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- In country (for HK IC) and Regional (for SF) Client Coverage Head, Country Segment Heads, Senior Bankers, credit/Marketing group
- Head, Group Audit (Country for HK; Global for SF)
- Head GSAM (Country and Regional)
- Chief Executive (Country and Regional)
- Head, Legal Affairs and Compliance (Country and Regional)
- Senior / Regional Credit Officer (Region)
- Executives (including equivalent CRM Units) of other banks
- Key Corporate and Institutional relationships in country
- Members of the legal professions
- Directors/Key contacts in the business community
- Auditors / Government regulators
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Risk,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; i.e. standards required for roles
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations; i.e. internal/externally required
- Professional Memberships; i.e. required for roles for continuous development/ improvement/awareness of current practices etc
- Bank training; i.e. mandatory & developmental - role specific, and regulatory/compliance bank wide & role specific,
- Languages; i.e. those required for roles
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.