Sr. Engineer, Network Operations
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
To provide engineering support for local, wide area, and data center networks across Invesco’s global operation.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Support and maintain the local, metropolitan and wide area network infrastructure and perimeter security devices throughout the global organization, focusing primarily on the region in which one is stationed. (cont'...)
- (cont...) Maintain up to date levels of operating systems, configurations, backups and all associated documentation, at all times, all while ensuring Company and Team change management processes and procedures are followed correctly
- Should be acting as a point of escalation for the entire team and ensure end to end BAU support is offered.
- Participate in the meetings pertaining to new build activities and understand the scope of operations team and there by lay the path for the team.
- As a Sr. Engineer, should be capable of resolving High priority incidents which are business impacting as quickly as possible with minimum business impact and provide break-fix.
- Preparing SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure) and KB (knowledge Base) articles along with educating team with necessary technical trainings.
- Occasionally identify improvements that can be made to the Invesco networks. Assist with streamlining, simplification and in general improvement of systems’ efficiencies through the effective use of technology, lateral thinking and creativity
- Provide new and maintain existing technical network diagrams, documentation and associated system processes pertaining to the configuration of the entire network, in line with Company and departmental standards
- Assist with the implementation of new infrastructures, concepts and changes to the network in line with business requirements and security guidelines and thereby provide constant support till the closure of the assigned tasks
- Develop and implementation of standard designs and configurations
- Take part in technical product evaluations
- Provide new and maintain existing technical network diagrams, documentation and associated system processes & procedures
- Work closely with all IT Team members to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the global IT infrastructure
- Take part in regular network-centric disaster recovery testing in accordance with any internal operational procedures, while accurately maintaining any associated documentation
- Provide and maintain internal project-related documentation in order to effectively record, track and review project progress
- Contribute to business continuity and business recovery exercises and requirements, taking part in regular business continuity testing, out of normal business hours, where appropriate
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Proven, real world work experience in switching, routing, and firewall technologies and network security principles. Cisco(R&S), F5, wireless, Firewalls (Juniper/Palo Alto).
- Practical experience in network design, including the use of dynamic routing protocols, QoS principles and high availability configuration options.
- Background of working in a regulated industry sector and for global firms preferred.
- A Working knowledge of 3rd party financial data feeds is preferred.
- Exposure to and knowledge of the following: WAN Optimization, Load Balancing, High Availability, Proxy appliances, Switching & Routing technologies, Network Monitoring, Policy Based Routing, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, HSRP/VRRP, IPSEC
- All around understanding of IT technologies, including but not limited to routing, switching, perimeter and physical security, cabling infrastructures, desktop technologies, server technologies, (cont...)
- (cont...) storage technologies, design principles for all areas of LAN, MAN and WAN and interoperability with PC and server infrastructures.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent team player
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and under low supervision
- Well organized, proactive, and self-motivated
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science is preferred.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- CCNP/CCIE or equivalent
- Normally works a varied shift, comprising a schedule of hours somewhere in between the start and end of business hours. However, number of hours may vary depending upon the situation, project or assignment.
- Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may include 24-hour on-call support.
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.