State Street Global Advisors, Senior Client Services Manager Asia ex-Japan, Vice President
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
As part of the continued growth of our business in AxJ, our Hong Kong Client Services team is recruiting for a Senior Client Services Manager to join the team. This individual will be an integral member of the Client Services team in servicing our large,
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.6 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, sophisticated investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process, and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range, and style across the indexing and active spectrums. Our mission, plain and simple, is helping our clients achieve financial security. Since this means something different for each investor, we devote significant time up front to thoroughly understanding their specific needs, and then applying our experience and intellectual rigor across a broad toolkit to develop and manage thoughtful, targeted solutions aimed at ensuring their success. The firm employs more than 2,200 people globally in 17 countries, and has nine investment centers across the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
As part of the continued growth of our business in AxJ, our Hong Kong Client Services team is recruiting for a Senior Client Services Manager to join the team. This individual will be an integral member of the Client Services team in servicing our large, sophisticated institutional clients across Asia ex-Japan. You will report directly to the Co-Head of Client Services, based in Hong Kong.
- Responsible in supporting Relationship Managers on client retention and strategic initiatives to expand existing client relationships
- Partner with Relationship Managers to identify and explore sales and business opportunities through on-going proactive contacts with existing clients
- Involve and coordinate relationship management activities with Relationship Managers, Portfolio specialists/Portfolio Managers and various internal departments to satisfy and exceed client needs
- Work with the Relationship Management team to ensure that excellent operational servicing is maintained and that SSGA is seen as the first class institutional product and service provider
- Proactive with regular client contacts and manage on-going relationships
- Work closely with Relationship Managers to facilitate new products/services to clients and identify cross-selling opportunities from existing clients
- Coordinate with various departments for new business take on and day-to-day servicing of clients
- Work closely with multiple internal stakeholders to conform to KYC/AML procedures
- Work closely with Relationship Managers to facilitate the preparation of RFP, RFI and Due Diligence Questionnaire
- Work closely with various business units on internal projects or ad hoc requests
- Provide guidance and supervision to junior staffs
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics or a related discipline
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant experience in client-facing and client-servicing role at asset management firms or investment consulting firms
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Existing relationships with Asia Ex-Japan institutional clients/prospects is a plus
- Self starter, fast learner, excellent interpersonal skill and attentive to details
- Ability to work under pressure and execute on multiple simultaneous priorities and initiatives
- Ability to collaborate and to create synergy, positive attitude towards learning and be a strong team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Client Focus, Ownership, Enthusiasm, Integrity, Teamwork, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation