Supervisory Analyst, APAC (VP)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- You being part of Credit Suisse's Securities Research (SR) team having responsibilities in our Asia Pacific Research business being one of the main Research Supervisory Analysts responsible in delivering focused, differentiated research in supporting the overall SR business.
- Responsibilities in ensuring the quality, commerciality, consistency and independence of published research views, along with bolstering the controls needed in certifying the Research that is produced.
- Participating in management research review meetings, coordinating with analysts as required in reviewing material pieces of research prior to publication to ensure views are clearly explained and there is a sound basis for changes being made and the opinions being expressed.
- Helping in monitoring and upholding the highest standards across the research platform around data quality, models being accurate and ensuring public views, forecasts and investment recommendations are updated and refreshed in a timely and commercial manner.
- Your promotion in building the encouragement of differentiated research views, including evidence-based research, early discussion of key themes and issues; and coordinating research interaction with other divisions of the firm to promote key research ideas and views.
- Ensuring consistency and sharing of ideas across the research department and where commercial, growing and promoting collaborative research reports when this can provide deeper insights to key issues.
- Promoting, co-ordinating and protecting the independence of analysts' views and their published material.
- Supporting the overall research business in gathering information, processing and analyzing data, and assisting in collaborative initiatives, including the production of cross-sector, region, economics, macro, and strategy research where appropriate.
- Building relationships across the Asia Research and Sales businesses, as well as regionally across the other Asia Pacific platforms.
- A minimum of 7 years' experience in a related role connected with Equities Research (sell-side or buy side).
- Having a Series 16 qualification is required, along with a keen interest in the APAC Research business, and possess good knowledge of accounting fundamentals, with skills in financial modelling and valuation as preferred attributes.
- Good commercial acumen, communication, presentation, verbal and written skills proficiency in English and Mandarin Chinese given the markets of focus.
- A strong analytical mind, numerical skills, intellectual curiosity, being a self starter, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Being dedicated, organized and able to prioritize plus working towards team/individual deadlines with a quality deliverable.
- Computer Skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint required.
- Thinking ahead, finding answers, problem solving and being engaging in growing with the ability to learn quickly.
- Being able to work in Hong Kong and within a diverse team environment, cross collaborating with connected teams regionally and globally.
- A real passion for improving, building and embracing change.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.