Sustainable Investing Platform Strategist, Managing Director
Description About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Sustainable Investing (BSI) unifies the firm's sustainable investment strategies onto a single platform and partners with our global investment and distribution teams to develop scalable and innovative solutions ranging from screens and environmental social governance (ESG) strategies to Impact Investing. Launched in 2015, BlackRock's Sustainable Investing platform provides investors with a range of strategies across asset classes, investment vehicles and impact profiles. With over $100 billion in dedicated sustainable assets under management, BlackRock leverages our differentiated investment platform, proprietary technology, data analytics, deep ESG expertise and culture of innovation to offer sustainable solutions to our institutional and retail clients. Job Purpose/Background:
BSI is looking for a Managing Director-level candidate to be the first Asia Sustainable Investment Platform Strategist.
The candidate will demonstrate strategic vision, investment and ESG subject matter expertise to drive the development and commercialization of sustainable investment products and solutions across Asia. The focus of the role is to proactively widen and deepen client relationships through strategic client engagement, to accelerate effective implementation of sustainable strategies and ultimately drive revenue and AUM.
The global Sustainable Platform Strategists team represents the full sustainability capabilities of BlackRock to our clients, spanning our investment processes, product offerings, stewardship efforts. They provide leverage and education to our RMs and client channels.
BSI Platform strategists partner with our distribution teams to help them be effective at offering our sustainability investment platform. They also partner with individual investment teams to define their Sustainable Investing product development and go to market plans, Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as the lead sustainability platform specialist in Asia, including sustainable investing, and investment stewardship with the goal of commercializing BlackRock's sustainability offerings to our clients
- Develop the regional strategy to commercialize our sustainability strategies, including segment-specific narratives, client collateral, events, press, and targeting of key sustainability prospects.
- Develop commercial content to help internal and external clients understand the investment case for ESG, our sustainable products and portfolio implementation.
- Codify opportunity set across regional client channels and partner with GPG, Investments, Aladdin and FMA to build scalable Sustainability solutions.
- Work in close coordination with distribution teams, Marketing, and Corporate Communications to deliver differentiated client experience.
- Be the owner / go to person wrt the Sustainable Investment Solutions Platform for BlackRock in Asia
- Serve as an expert on our stewardship philosophy, engagement priorities, process and outcomes
- Deliver deep product knowledge and technical expertise on our funds and competitors
- Maintain a broad vision of the sustainable investing landscape to identify trends and opportunities
- Leverage client conversations to inform product development in coordination with GPG
- Develop innovative sustainable solutions with BSI research or other BlackRock investment teams
- Work with internal and external partners to find ways in which we can integrate and deliver ESG metrics and analysis at scale, both at the fund and portfolio level
- Represent BlackRock externally on Sustainability forums and Industry groups
- Establish relationships and partner with regional regulators to shape industry guidance on what constitutes ESG and Sustainable criteria
- Contribute to sustainability-related BII and other BLK thought leadership publications
- Represent BlackRock at client and industry events related to sustainability
- 10+ years experience in financial services sector and / or sustainable investing field
- Strategic thinker highly energized by the opportunity to set a roadmap in Asia for how BlackRock will position itself as a leader in the sustainable investing market
- Financial markets experience and broad technical expertise spanning all major asset classes (fixed income, equities, property, hedge funds, private equity and other alternatives).
- Deep understanding of the Asian client landscape
- Experience with sustainable investment solutions strongly preferred
- Strong relationship builder with significant experience driving commercialization of a broad product set.
- Excellent communication skills, highly articulate and able to tailor communication style to the audience
- Ability to build consensus and to influence both internally and externally
- CFA and/or CAIA designation preferred
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.