System Analyst / Senior Analyst Programmer (Data Team), Information Technology (1 year contract)
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 510,000 customers with over 800 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Assist in system design and prepare program specifications
- Perform program development and maintain enhance environments
- Gather user requirement and carry out feasibility study of any new requirements
- Set up and support different testing environment
- Perform system testing and support user acceptance testing
- Perform system implementation and enhancement
- Prepare documentation
- Coordinate with IT and user team on system deployment arrangement
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 4 years' related to data engineering working experience
- Experience in ETL, data management, data pipeline, data mart and dashboard implementation
- Proficient in SQL
- Working knowledge of ETL (Talend, Informatica or DataStage), Tableau and Hadoop/Hortonworks
- Preferably with good knowledge of data management best practices
- Experience in Waterfall/Agile Scrum software development approaches
- Good communication skills, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Knowledge in microservices architecture, data mining, machine learning, Python is a big plus
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process. We offer excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.