System Analyst / Senior Analyst Programmer (Java), Information Technology (few headcounts)
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Assist in system design and prepare program specifications
- Perform program development and maintain enhance environments
- Carry out feasibility study of any new requirements
- Prepare documentation on requirement, technical specification and user manual
- Responsible for system design, development, testing, implementation, support, maintenance and enhancement
- Prepare SIT / UAT test plan and manage test execution and documentation to ensure completeness and traceability.
- Perform user training and prepare user manual
- Perform system implementation and enhancement
- Coordinate with IT and user team on system deployment arrangement
- Evaluate and recommend new IT products and technologies
- Ad-hoc duties as assigned
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 3-6 years working experience in Information Technology
- Candidate with more experience will be considered as System Analyst
- Solid experience in development and implementation of Life Insurance systems
- Proficient in Java application development, preferably with practical experience in large scale J2EE application
- Good knowledge in Life Insurance products and business flow
- Experience in micro-service design and DevOps is preferable
- Experience in DevOps tools such as Jenkins, sonarqube, selenium automation testing, Appium would be an advantage
- Familiar Docker Solution such as (OpenShift and kubernetes) and experience in MongoDB
- Good communication skills, able to work with different user departments, good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Able to work under pressure
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.