System Delivery Manager - Financial Crime Risk
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 May 18 2018-05-19
System Delivery Manager - Financial Crime Risk
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
Financial Crime Risk is a Global Function that brings together all areas of financial crime risk management at HSBC and is dedicated to implementing the most effective global standards to combat financial crime. The function has been set up in a way that enables us to build on our achievements in managing financial crime risk effectively across the bank and continue to strengthen financial crime detection, anti-money laundering, sanctions and anti-bribery and corruption compliance.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as System Delivery Manager.
- Support the Senior Manager in implementing the Financial Crime Threat Mitigation Systems strategy and roadmap for realising benefit from investment in line with FCTM strategic vision
- In collaboration with other Technology, Investigation, Intelligence and Analytic teams, develop and deploy FCTM Systems across ASP. Obtain user feedback, iterate and release improvements on a continuous basis and where necessary, implement strategies to improve systems usage in FCTM.
- Identify creative solutions to complex data and technology problems involving legacy systems, underperforming tools and incomplete datasets.
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the ASP data and systems landscape through the building of key stakeholder relationships and independent enquiry. Includes identifying golden data sources, underutilised systems and external sources for propagation into the data lake.
- Perform user acceptance testing of new features and new data sources to ensure that functionality is delivered to a high standard and report issues accurately and effectively to ensure quick resolution.
- Liaise with business stakeholders at local, regional, global and functional level to ensure that requirements are accurately captured as well as urgency and potential business impacts are well understood.
- Work closely with HSBC Operating Services and Technologies colleagues to ensure core systems, data and technology requirements are satisfied.
- Provide deep technical expertise to support teams of product owners, business/data analysts and deployment specialists.
- Contribute to the development of global best practice in the specification, utility and decommissioning of systems deployed to investigate and analyse financial crime.
- Conceptualise and deliver training to the FCTM staff on new systems and usage
- Business analysis, requirements gathering and solution design techniques with a mix of business, operations and technology focused projects.
- Planning roll outs of new tools, technologies and techniques
- Capability to test data quality at a large-scale via SQL or SAS or similar language and an appreciation for the challenges associated with very large datasets.
- Familiarity with basic security enterprise architecture principles, such as Active Directory Groups, change request processes and related governance.
- Exposure to traditional relational database management systems and data schemas.
- Broad set of technical skills related to at least 2 of the following:
- SQL Server, Tableau, Hadoop, Qlikview or Qliksense
- Complex thinking skills and strong aptitude for problem-solving
- Proven Project Management or Product Ownership experience using the agile methodology
- Experience of working in an investigative and, or intelligence environment or in a similar business environment.
- Experience with distributed systems, such as Hadoop, or cloud-based technologies, such as Google or AWS.
- Experience in data schemas, machine learning, artificial intelligence, geospatial tools or advanced data visualisation.
- Financial Crime experience or other related experience such as risk management, audit, examination, or similar control-related experience; advanced degree with professional certification preferred.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.