- Permanent, Full time
- Randstad Hong Kong
- 15 Feb 19
- Hong Kong
- Full time
System Engineerjob description
about the company.
The client is is a leading global provider of cross-asset securities and derivatives post-trade processing technology.
about the team.
This is a unique role to join a small but extremely technical and innovative global systems infrastructure team.
The group is responsible for an extremely diverse range of technologies listed below and we are looking for a generalist with 4-5 years + experience.
about the job.
You will be responsible for contributing to the global management our infrastructure of a 200 (mostly LINUX) server estate, ~10 site network.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operations: Experience of Systems Operations procedures / management e.g. handling out of hours events, prioritization, escalation etc.
- Infrastructure Management: Experience dealing with service providers, particularly Datacenters and experience handling different types of hardware and Linux based systems.
- Building, maintaining and using configuration management, building hosts and patch management in cloud and virtualized platform.
- Inferno Infrastructure: Support and assistant developers with in-house application delivery, change management, robustness and automation.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong technical prowess, maybe by designing and maintaining complex network and systems.
- The ability and willingness to code (for systems management functions), preferably in python and bash.
- Detailed theoretical and practical knowledge of operating system and network basics
- (I.e. a successful candidate should know how technical elements such as DNS, TCP/IP, IPsec VPN or BGP work, and will probably have the relevant experience on systems performance tuning).
- The ability to maintain Database infrastructure including backup management, restore expertise and replication.
- Good understanding of best practice general security and systems availability designs. Configuration management (preferably Ansible) experience is a plus.
Interested candidates can apply through this portal or send your CV to ian luong at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions, please contact ian luong @ 2232 3440
banking or financial services experience is a must
no additional qualifications required